SIXS motorcycle riding gear (made in Italy);

Here's their 2022 catalogue.

They are not distributed outside of Europe. They propose some interesting solutions for extreme heat, this is why they caught my attention.

I got in touch with them, and I am going to purchase some of their items conceived for extreme heat, such as what we are seing here in Texas, and not only in Texas.

They also have some padded under garments in the form of boxer shorts, which they say alleviate the backside sores we all experience on long rides.

The gear looks top notch to me, I am willing to pay a few dollars more and check if their gear works as well as they say it does.

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...

After riding a lot of long distances for the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas in 2022, and now 2023, I can vouch for the SIXS gear.

Especially the "padded" boxer shorts!

They really help to subdue what the but has to go through. They have two options. I have tried both and for long distances, it really helps. They are made of a very light material and they are comfortable once you get past the feeling that you have pooped yourself.

Add at least two sizes if you order from them.

Their undergarment for summer rides are better than anything I tried before. They are extremely light.

What a pity they are not distributed in the USA.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • 8 months later...

Here is the link to SIXS 2024 catalog: https://drive.google.com/file/d/148g3yPzht0TV5LXk2TuFlniuyhAwka-e/view?usp=sharing

I support their stuff unconditionally, as written above, I rode all my Texas tour wearing their garments.

You will have to download the catalog, as it is too large to be displayed from "mydrive". The catalog is in both English and Italian. There is a guide to pick what you need depending on what you want to do with it.

Last but not least, I would recommend to order two sizes above what you think would fit you if you were purchasing in the USA for US sizes. I normally pick medium, so I chose Large and it was too small. This time, I am going to go 2XL.

If you order before the end of the year, you will get 2023 pricing. I paid about 80 Euros for delivery last time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing P6X...an interesting catalogue and somewhat odd presentation at the same time.

The products seem quite innovative in terms of technology/comfort, what's surprising (aside from only 1 Guzzi featured) is that almost all of the shots show the street riders wearing tennis shoes (Vans look alike) or lace up sneakers...while the offroad racers are fully geared up with proper footwear.  By doing this deliberately I take it they are marketing to the urban rider where the V7 and V9 are more predominant.

The socks look cool...but even that is somewhat odd...wind protection from socks (???), well, if you were wearing boots, why would you need wind protection from your socks???

They seem to be a cross between LD Comfort and Bohn Armor products (less extensive product availability but have similar applications for comfort) w/o the bulky pads.

Might have to order a pair of socks just to try them out on the 2024 GTofT.

On 12/20/2023 at 10:21 PM, PJPR01 said:

Thanks for sharing P6X...an interesting catalogue and somewhat odd presentation at the same time.

The products seem quite innovative in terms of technology/comfort, what's surprising (aside from only 1 Guzzi featured) is that almost all of the shots show the street riders wearing tennis shoes (Vans look alike) or lace up sneakers...while the offroad racers are fully geared up with proper footwear.  By doing this deliberately I take it they are marketing to the urban rider where the V7 and V9 are more predominant.

The socks look cool...but even that is somewhat odd...wind protection from socks (???), well, if you were wearing boots, why would you need wind protection from your socks???

They seem to be a cross between LD Comfort and Bohn Armor products (less extensive product availability but have similar applications for comfort) w/o the bulky pads.

Might have to order a pair of socks just to try them out on the 2024 GTofT.

Let me know what you need, I have consolidated my order, and only waiting for shipping costs. I have ordered the very light socks for myself in size III.

As far as compression socks, I use another brand when I skate (in line).

I have requested to ship without the boxes to get the shipping ALARP (as low as reasonably possible).

Also, the owner of the brand, told me the European have changed the law; to not pay the VAT, he needs to sell to a business unlike before where shipping to an address outside of EUR was the only requirement.

As I happen to have a registered company (setup during Covid days), I can get the 20% off on top of the 25% discount I am getting for being a returning customer. It is still expensive stuff lol.... made in Italy!

On 12/24/2023 at 11:46 AM, PJPR01 said:

Very kind of you!!  If you have room, I'll take 3 pairs of the size II Mid height Merino Socks, two in red, one in blue!

Saludos!

I sent him the request this morning; he had not yet confirmed the shipping cost.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@PJPR01

I got the quote, I will pay tomorrow and will let you know when I get the goods;

Box V2 taglia 2XL color black carbon         

Box6 V2 taglia 2XL color black carbon                     

TS1L taglia 2XL color black carbon                             

TS3L, taglia 2XL color black carbon                                   

TBX, color black carbon                                                         

Short Logo, taglia III                                                              

Merinos Socks" taglia II Colore rosso

Merinos Socks", taglia II. Colore Blue

TOTALE

€ 560,63

SCONTO 25%

€ 140,16

TOTALE SCONTATO

€ 420,47

Quindi il totale del tuo ordine scontato del 25% più il trasporto è di euro 459,47

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Thank you...no rush!

The parcel shipped today European time. It is sent via the post office; last year it was delivered by USPS.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2024 at 5:56 PM, p6x said:

The parcel shipped today European time. It is sent via the post office; last year it was delivered by USPS.

@PJPR01According to the tracking, it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, Friday 9th February. I will confirm if it does.

Incidentally, I think you said you were going to go to the L Ranch bash on February 17th?

15 hours ago, p6x said:

@PJPR01According to the tracking, it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, Friday 9th February. I will confirm if it does.

Incidentally, I think you said you were going to go to the L Ranch bash on February 17th?

Hi P6X...I do plan on being there on Saturday morning...probably will be in Boerne the night before and then head over in the morning.  I plan to pick up a few more stops along the way Saturday/Sunday before heading home.  I'm likely to be on the Honda Goldwing (Grey), or perhaps the Red Griso...will be a last minute decision!

1 minute ago, PJPR01 said:

Hi P6X...I do plan on being there on Saturday morning...probably will be in Boerne the night before and then head over in the morning.  I plan to pick up a few more stops along the way Saturday/Sunday before heading home.  I'm likely to be on the Honda Goldwing (Grey), or perhaps the Red Griso...will be a last minute decision!

Noted!

If I go, I will be on four wheels and not on two. I am still sans motorcycle. The Quota is available, however I want to do a full inspection before I do anything more with it. My V11 is still at MPH. I am going to check if that Road 6 tire finally materialized.

There really seem to be an issue with supply chain and tires lately. Go Az also told me they could not get the 10/90 tires I wanted, for lack of availability from their supplier. I checked some of the usual sites, and found out a lot of those tires are sold out, too. The Dunlop Trailmax Mission were the only one available in the sizes I needed; Continental, Metzeler, Pirelli, Bridgestones, Michelin... nada!

• Like 1