Air bypass screw quick question.

arveno

16 minutes ago, docc said:

Alright, so, "better" with the Tune-up, CO zeroed.  This V11 has the original airbox? New (paper) air filter?

No the distinguished lol previous owner remover the air box and installed a set of cone K&N 

I was gonna try riding it removing them… probably I will next time I have time to 

2 minutes ago, arveno said:

No the distinguished lol previous owner remover the air box and installed a set of cone K&N 

I was gonna try riding it removing them… probably I will next time I have time to 

This may be an opportunity. Where has the air temperature sensor relocated to?

14 minutes ago, docc said:

This may be an opportunity. Where has the air temperature sensor relocated to?

I see a male plug not plugged to anything behind the right hand throttle body

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, arveno said:

I see a male plug not plugged to anything behind the right hand throttle body

Any way to post a pic of that? (Gallery album works best unless you use a hosting site) . . .

[edit: the plugs on the right side that come to mind are the Engine Temperature Sensor on the inboard side of the right head, the TPS on top of the right throttle body, and the (missing?) Air Temperature Sensor that would have been on the right front of the factory airbox . . . ]

[edit 2: Is the loose connector 3 pins or 2? Blue or black? Square or oval?]

36 minutes ago, docc said:

Any way to post a pic of that? (Gallery album works best unless you use a hosting site) . . .

[edit: the plugs on the right side that come to mind are the Engine Temperature Sensor on the inboard side of the right head, the TPS on top of the right throttle body, and the (missing?) Air Temperature Sensor that would have been on the right front of the factory airbox . . . ]

The ETS is plugged in the head .

there is a connector ( I said plugs ) that is disconnected.

it lays behind the right throttle body.

I guess it was connected To the air box?

what should I do with it?

tried posting pics it says they are too big ..

11 hours ago, docc said:

Factory Air Temperature Sensor location (with modified airbox intakes):

DSCN3896.jpg

Hi Docc

thank you so much , that might be the issue.

but I don’t understand how do I fix it ?

if the PO didn’t replace the ATS

how do I correct this?

everything was removed ( air box etc )

Thank you again.

• Like 1

The ATS has as it's only purpose, to tell the computer the temperature of the air coming into the engine is. So you can literally hang a new ATS from the end of the connector and it will work, although it would probably not live long without a permanent mount. A simple bracket mounted anywhere near an intake, or between them, will suffice. If it's in the open, probably should be inspected periodically for debris and dirt. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

The ATS has as it's only purpose, to tell the computer the temperature of the air coming into the engine is. So you can literally hang a new ATS from the end of the connector and it will work, although it would probably not live long without a permanent mount. A simple bracket mounted anywhere near an intake, or between them, will suffice. If it's in the open, probably should be inspected periodically for debris and dirt. 

Exactly!

I recall members with airbox removed fitting the ATS in a 35mm "film canister" (remember those?  :oldgit:) and mounting it in the air stream along the frame spine away from engine heat.

Without the ATS, the ECU goes into some default mode. What do you see for Air Temperature in GuzziDiag?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Ahhhh ok now this is making sense and that could be the reason why it is so rich?

one more question where do I buy a ATS ?

thank you !!!!

• Like 2