Jump to content
IGNORED

Air bypass screw quick question.


arveno
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, docc said:

I see they have superseded the secondary cable with an adapter for cables to different devices. I have long wanted a dedicated "Tablet" or iPad to run guzzidiag when I am away from my home computer. Looks like this cabling is the way to go.

 

On the older model, the computer cable with USB-A plug was attached permanently to the interface and you needed an adapter to connect to a tablet or a phone.

Nowadays a lot of laptop have USB-C ports as well, so I guess they upgraded the interface with a USB-B port to plug in the proper USB cable directly, eliminating the need for any adapter. Note that Lonelec sells the different USB cables separetely for a couple of bucks each so you could essentially make your interface ready for all type of USB connections.

I'm not sure that you can run GuzziDiag on an iPad, my understanding is that there only is an Android version for mobile devices. I could be wrong though... it's happened before...:rasta:

Edit: No Android version of GuzziDiag exists at this time. If you want to run it on a tablet it has to be a Windows tablet.

Edited by Speedfrog
Info update
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, arveno said:

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the

Air bypass screw on the throttle bodies.

Screwing it in or out does it lean or enrich the mixture?

I did some search but couldn’t find the answer…

thank you 

M

Hi,

I haven't seen an answer to your question.

The bypass screw increase air flow thru the bypass when opened and vice versa. Which takes care of the air mass portion in idle and a bit above. The CO trim in/decreases fuel in idle and up to 3k rpm, which is the 2nd part of the AFR equation.

Some might remember that my BINs are based on completely closed bypass screws and 0 CO trim, the required AFR adjustment was done via fuel injection values instead.

Cheers
Meinolf

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Than

38 minutes ago, Meinolf said:

Hi,

I haven't seen an answer to your question.

The bypass screw increase air flow thru the bypass when opened and vice versa. Which takes care of the air mass portion in idle and a bit above. The CO trim in/decreases fuel in idle and up to 3k rpm, which is the 2nd part of the AFR equation.

Some might remember that my BINs are based on completely closed bypass screws and 0 CO trim, the required AFR adjustment was done via fuel injection values instead.

Cheers
Meinolf

Thank you for the explanation.

tonight I will try to see if I can understand how to adjust the CO using guzzidiag.

I also save the link of the program you are recommending .
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, arveno said:

Than

Thank you for the explanation.

tonight I will try to see if I can understand how to adjust the CO using guzzidiag.

I also save the link of the program you are recommending .
 

While the vast majority of CO Fuel Trim readings have been reported in the negative (lean) double digits, I have seen this set heavily into the positive (rich) range. It will be interesting to hear what you find, @arveno . . .

A couple thoughts linger:

> It may be telling how the bike runs and feels and impresses after the complete Decent Tune-up. Skipping steps does not a Decent Tune-up make.

> I recall Dr. John quoted as saying (and I paraphrase), "We cooled the valves in the race bikes with fuel, but that is not acceptable in the production street bikes."  My take on this has been that is okay for our air-cooled donk to be a bit rich, but lean could lead to heat in the wrong places. Of course, "Just Right" is ideal. Ask Goldilocks . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, docc said:

While the vast majority of CO Fuel Trim readings have been reported in the negative (lean) double digits, I have seen this set heavily into the positive (rich) range. It will be interesting to hear what you find, @arveno . . .

A couple thoughts linger:

> It may be telling how the bike runs and feels and impresses after the complete Decent Tune-up. Skipping steps does not a Decent Tune-up make.

> I recall Dr. John quoted as saying (and I paraphrase), "We cooled the valves in the race bikes with fuel, but that is not acceptable in the production street bikes."  My take on this has been that is okay for our air-cooled donk to be a bit rich, but lean could lead to heat in the wrong places. Of course, "Just Right" is ideal. Ask Goldilocks . . .

What he means docc is that as is tradition with an air cooled race engine you can use fuel to assist in controlling engine temp to a degree but in a street engine that needs to meet emission and economy targets this strategy is not acceptable. One of the many reasons a water cooled engine is so far superior to and air cooled one.

Ciao

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok guys 

cables arrived , thank you Amazon prime lol

everthing is connected and I am currently downloading my map.

question:

The program I have downloaded has the “ read” button.

do I have to download the write too?

when and how do I see the settings and how do I adjust the co trim?

what is the correct standard value for the co trim ?

sorry for the stupid questions but my fist time here 

thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You absolutely do not need to download your map to run guzzidiag and see your CO Fuel Trim and other parameters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, docc said:

You absolutely do not need to download your map to run guzzidiag and see your CO Fuel Trim and other parameters.

Yes thats right docc. Read and write are for mapping purposes and loading alternative maps. All you need is the Guzzidaig programme to access the ecu and see the parameters in real time and adjust the CO setting. You can also adjust the CO directly in the Eprom but I've never done it that way. That way has the benefit of not even needing to start the engine to change the CO as apposed to getting it above 60 deg C

Ciao 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, arveno said:

Maybe I downloaded the wrong program….

Could you please show me the correct program to download?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, arveno said:

When I click on changelog a white page open… there is some stuff written but nothing cliccable.

??

 

Still trying to run "reader?"

Study the basic tutorial I linked. Maybe it will get you back on track . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...