Jump to content
IGNORED

Air bypass screw quick question.


arveno
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, pete roper said:

Too right. Is the ETS working?

I thought the same about the Air Temperature Sensor. Fortunately, these values can be viewed on GuzziDiag . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, docc said:

I thought the same about the Air Temperature Sensor. Fortunately, these values can be viewed on GuzziDiag . . .

Hey sorry for the delay ( moving sucks lol )

pardon my ignorance, what is ETS ?

Engine temperature, sensor?

When the engine is on the temperature of the engine increases … I can see it on Guzzi diag.

I am moving so I had to chance to ride the bike etc.

Will do asap 

thank you 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's what I'd take that to be, there's a temp sensor bolted onto one of the heads, I can't remember which one though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Weegie said:

It's what I'd take that to be, there's a temp sensor bolted onto one of the heads, I can't remember which one though

Yep, the "ETS" (Engine Temperature Sensor) is on the inboard side of the right head, toward the rear.

The Air Temperature Sensor is at the right, front of the airbox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, docc said:

Yep, the "ETS" (Engine Temperature Sensor) is on the inboard side of the right head, toward the rear.

The Air Temperature Sensor is at the right, front of the airbox.

Ok I see it .

It’s screwed in like a spark plug.

How do I test it bad?

should I just replace it and pray that was the cause?

where can I buy one ?

thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, arveno said:

Ok I see it .

It’s screwed in like a spark plug.

How do I test it bad?

should I just replace it and pray that was the cause?

where can I buy one ?

thank you 

Open your V11 on GuzziDiag. Select the various sensors to be displayed including air temperature and engine temperature. Look, als, at RPM (compare to what the tachometer reads and note any difference), voltage, and TPS Degrees Opening.

Observe that the sensor readings are sensible (i.e.: both air and engine temp readings are ambient temp with the bike cold.  Start the bike and observe that the readings change as expected.  Operating temperature starts at 60ºC. Much hotter than that, use a fan over the front of the cylinders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, docc said:

Open your V11 on GuzziDiag. Select the various sensors to be displayed including air temperature and engine temperature. Look, als, at RPM (compare to what the tachometer reads and note any difference), voltage, and TPS Degrees Opening.

Observe that the sensor readings are sensible (i.e.: both air and engine temp readings are ambient temp with the bike cold.  Start the bike and observe that the readings change as expected.  Operating temperature starts at 60ºC. Much hotter than that, use a fan over the front of the cylinders.

Air temp 22 engine temp 22 

turn the engine on and the engine temp raise .

air temp ( ambient) stays obviously 22

Looks like the sensor is working 

when I saw the co trim at 21 the engine temp went from 22 to 70 

definitely it’s working.

now

i have not ridden the bike since the night I set the co trim to 0 

I smell gas all over lol

before I go for a ride I have to drop the oil…. Again ah ah 

man’s pray gas doesn’t go again into the sump 

or I am gonna light it up for good ah ah 

jk 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time the V11 is started, cold or hot, the ECU runs an enrichening map for the first 4,000- revolutions.

It will always be, smell, rich on start-up . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, docc said:

Every time the V11 is started, cold or hot, the ECU runs an enrichening map for the first 4,000- revolutions.

It will always be, smell, rich on start-up . . .

Once I have time to test ride it properly I will let you know .

in theory the CO trim has been adjust to zero.

will see .

will come back in a couple of day ( hopefully) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...