My bike doesn't exist.

LaGrasta

This image was the day I brought both home on my trailer. I'm anxiously awaiting the day I get to start and ride either of them. I only need to remove and clean the injectors and install a battery for the V11 to start (fingers crossed). It also has a leaking fork seal though.

As for the GB, I still need to clean the carb, then a battery and go for a run!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

This image was the day I brought both home on my trailer. I'm anxiously awaiting the day I get to start and ride either of them. I only need to remove and clean the injectors and install a battery for the V11 to start (fingers crossed). It also has a leaking fork seal though.

As for the GB, I still need to clean the carb, then a battery and go for a run!

Removing and replacing the GB carburettor makes the V11 injectors look like a cake walk (they're not).

I would be trying to run some fresh fuel (non-ethanol for the GB) with fuel system cleaner through both. I know restorationists that swear by SeaFoam for carbs.

(Although your "CW600" might no longer have the factory airbox fitted . . .)

59 minutes ago, docc said:

Removing and replacing the GB carburettor makes the V11 injectors look like a cake walk (they're not).

I would be trying to run some fresh fuel (non-ethanol for the GB) with fuel system cleaner through both. I know restorationists that swear by SeaFoam for carbs.

(Although your "CW600" might no longer have the factory airbox fitted . . .)

For 'in place' carb refreshing, get some Chevron 'techron' in a bottle from auto parts. Fill the bowl through the fuel line, let work for half an hour then drain. Add a half-pint of Marvel Mystery oil to the tank of fresh non-Corngas, run it through and you'll either be golden, or you'll be taking it apart the hard way. Seafoam works pretty good but I've had awesome results with MMO in both gas tank and crankcase for freshen-ups.

• Like 1

these bikes have sat for over a decade, they need cleaned thoroughly. I've already removed and flush the tanks, and have been slowly replacing fuel lines, filters, etc. Once I remove the injectors, I'll hook them up to my newly purchased injector pulse machine from Aliexpress and should be good to go.

The CW600 is not stock, no airbox or original carb. It's running a complete White Bros/Sudco kit that includes a Mikuni Flatside.

• Like 2

I went to buy the GB (found on Craigslist) and he mentioned he had another bike he also wanted to sell. I heard it's a Moto Guzzi and my eyes lit up! Once I saw it, it was sold!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heh, a GB (my first bike) led me (eventually) to mySport.

Not sure what to think of the likes of folks that would have both of these unlikely companions . . . B)  :sun:  :drink:

• Haha 1

Mine is just like that, bought with under 25 miles on it, and the exhaust cans also have that hue (along with some boot rubber smears on the pipe leading in). When I put the VIN # in with my insurance it said "rosso" for no reason and I just took it as ID "shotgunning" or some such...

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, docc said:

Oh, and hey-up, turns out this is a totally legit color from the early V7 Sport . . . :thumbsup:

I've seen that color V7 Sport, but never made the connection till you pointed it out.

• Like 1