97 sport 1100 tire pressure?

Colorobo

Fill your cold tires to a pressure, write it down. Go ride for at least a half hour through hiway and twisties as best you can. Stop and check the pressures again and they should be within 10% of your initial fill. Adjust accordingly.

Paul B:bier:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had mine all over the place. It doesn't seem to make much difference. I've run as low as 24/28. In both the Tail of the Dragon and Running 90+ down the Idaho panhandle between Glacier and Spokane, they were good at 28/30. But lower pressure had a noticeable increase in parking lot effort, so Iv'e kept them at 35 both ends since and it's...still fine. I haven't ridden these Dunlops hard yet but I'll set the pressure for best low-speed feel because it doesn't seem to make any difference in handling or traction below racing speeds. Docc may have the most data on mid- to high-speed curvy roads. 

• Like 1

Not sure what tires the Sport 1100-i came with. The original V11 Sport was delivered with Pirelli Dragon Corsa sport tires and spec'd at pretty low pressures (33/37, IIRC).  They wore really quickly and (IMO) contributed to the high speed weave exhibited by some of the early V11 Sports.

With sport touring tires, I gradually settled on 35/40 as a compromise between road holding, longevity, and tire wear characteristics.  These pressures also pass the "10% rule" on my Sport with its load-out, local road conditions/temperatures, and my weight in gear. I recently mounted my 58th tire on this V11 Sport.

Certainly there is no more applicable topic to say "YMMV!"

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 10:28 AM, paulnaz said:

Fill your cold tires to a pressure, write it down. Go ride for at least a half hour through hiway and twisties as best you can. Stop and check the pressures again and they should be within 10% of your initial fill. Adjust accordingly.

Paul B:bier:

To expand on this, as the tires (and the air inside them) heats up the pressure will increase.

Tires are supposed to heat up a given amount in use. That increase in temp will create around a 10% increase in air pressure. That increase in pressure can be higher, up to 15% higher, if the starting temp was lower (like when it is cold outside). But for typical motorcycle use you should expect to see a 10% increase in tire pressure if the starting temps are typical motorcycle temps and the tires are pushed hard enough to get them up to temp.

It is science.

• Like 1