Alibaba V11 goodies; yet another group buy?

LaGrasta

I don't mind the use of carbon for aesthetics and weight savings where it makes sense but here is not the place as it's subjected to debris fling off the front tyre which will negate any "looks" after a few miles. The cover is also cheaply made (no metal bush inserts at the mount holes). I suppose it won't stop people using them though.

Phil

17 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I don't mind the use of carbon for aesthetics and weight savings where it makes sense but here is not the place as it's subjected to debris fling off the front tyre which will negate any "looks" after a few miles. The cover is also cheaply made (no metal bush inserts at the mount holes). I suppose it won't stop people using them though.

Phil

Hey, hey, hey! Stop with the "looks after a few miles " thing! <_<  ;)  :whistle:

IMG_7545.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I purchased one of those CF lookalike fiberglass covers a few years ago.  it was posted somewhere on here.  I wanted to match the CF bikini fairing.  It's held up and looks good.  It weighs more than the OEM aluminum cover.  I was too cheap to get the stick-on Guzzi emblem or to buy the actual CF cover that was offered.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

Group buy LaGrasta?

Better get cracking on this Alibaba thing then - probably be at war with ‘em soon after that old blood-sucking Speaker stirring the pot with her latest visit!

Those old mafia farts hang on by their nails over there don’t they?

These kind of political comments are totally unnecessary and unwanted on this forum. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

With LowRyter long-term report, I'd like to make an order for myself. I can't find it on AliExpress or Ebay so minimum order from Alibaba is two. Anyone else interested? I'll order as many as needed and ship them to each of you.

Have you inquired about pricing? Price range from $30 to $100 on that Alibaba link you provided, probably depending on amount of units ordered. 

MDI sells them for 70 bucks a pop right now out of SoCal with a phone # and email you can reach them at. Unless it’s significantly cheaper, I would think twice about ordering from overseas...  :2c:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speedfrog, I agree.

Also, as I explore MDI a bit further, I see there are choices. For me, trying to match my CF bikini fairing, I'd order the matte weave style.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 10:49 AM, LaGrasta said:

Speedfrog, I agree.

Also, as I explore MDI a bit further, I see there are choices. For me, trying to match my CF bikini fairing, I'd order the matte weave style.

Since I seem to be going down the road of accessorizing with CF, I'd probably get in on an order from MDI. The matte will probably age better than the gloss, as nicks and scratches won't contrast so much.

• Like 1

Hello Folks!

My cover was full CF and I have had it installed for awhile now and no issues.

It was much lighter than the aluminum one.  I live on a dirt road and while riding I am not gentle on twisty roads and the finish has held up very nice.

I would strongly suggest you purchase the US sourced one.

Kosta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3