Falloon Daytona Article

Kane

15 hours ago, pete roper said:

I'd imagine it's a potpourri of myth and hearsay just like most of his ill researched nonsense. And no, I'm not going to bother reading it. His stuff just annoys me.

Sadly, I must concur. When an author publishes gross inaccuracies about matters I am certain represent poor journalism (like he didn't even read his own prior work), I cannot trust that what I am reading about other models is any better. <_<

Nice pictures, though?  :rolleyes:

I am glad to see that Falloon gave proper credit to the Tony Foale spine frame design:

"The new frame was heavily influenced by a Tony Foale design  . . . "

tonyfoale_guzzi.jpg

[docc-sourced image not from the referenced Falloon article.]

49 minutes ago, docc said:

Sadly, I must concur. When an author publishes gross inaccuracies about matters I am certain represent poor journalism (like he didn't even read his own prior work), I cannot trust that what I am reading about other models is any better. <_<

Nice pictures, though?  :rolleyes:

I am glad to see that Falloon gave proper credit to the Tony Foale spine frame design:

"The new frame was heavily influenced by a Tony Foale design  . . . "

tonyfoale_guzzi.jpg

[docc-sourced image not from the referenced Falloon article.]

Yeah. It's about time Mr. Foale got the credit he deserved rather than the endless piffle spouted about the Spineframe being John Wittners brainchild.

Not to take anything away from Wittner's input but the Spiney wasn't his idea. Not that Tony seemed to mind. When I spoke with him about it in the early/mid eighties he was unbothered by the adulation being poured on the transatlantic effort. He'd moved on to trying to get HCS to work by then.

I used to work for the other *Arm* of Motomecca back then. An, errr? *Interesting* operation.......

• Like 1