I'd love a scooter. I hired one in Rome 25 years ago to ride around for a few days 2 up with the wife. It was nothing special as it was a hire scooter maybe 125 at the most and it was great fun. I'd like one for quick trips to the shops for milk etc.

Phil 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'd love a scooter. I hired one in Rome 25 years ago to ride around for a few days 2 up with the wife. It was nothing special as it was a hire scooter maybe 125 at the most and it was great fun. I'd like one for quick trips to the shops for milk etc.

Phil 

This one is a 500cc. It gets up and goes!

• Like 1

We had this Vespa 200 for about a year. I thought it was great fun. Piaggio stated the top speed at 72 mph. What they meant was: "Flat out, the speedometer will indicate 72." Turns out this was just shy of 65. Flat out. :wacko:  On these open country roads that is just crash bait.

IMG_3816.jpg

Randy's 500 (4-valve SOHC single) with those tire sizes and great brakes is an awesome package! One of our members had one for quite some time and had some of the wishful sportbike guys checking their mancard at the counter . . . :grin:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Arrrgh!

Also, if it matters, when you post a link to your Flickr account, any of of us can scroll all of your images.

Like, I can see Roper's cat watches futball with it's tail straight out. Who wants the world to know these things about us?  :o<_<:huh:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, docc said:

Also, if it matters, when you post a link to your Flickr account, any of of us can scroll all of your images.

Like, I can see Roper's cat watches futball with it's tail straight out. Who wants the world to know these things about us?  :o<_<:huh:

As long as you can't see the ones of Jude whipping me in the gimp suit that's all OK......:D

Someone would have to be very, very bored to take an interest in my snaps!

• Haha 4

Riding it home from work yesterday I was coming up a straight stretch and a fellow was checking his mailbox ahead. He was staring at it sort of puzzled like and watched it all the way past him. I don't think he quite grasped a scooter going by him at 60 mph and making a BRRRR noise. I've got a Malossi muffler that came with it that's supposed to be a bit louder, got to check it out.

• Like 1

Scooters are just silly fun, love 'em! For my wife's 50th, I bought her a 2018 Honda Metropolitan (4t/50cc). It only does 40mph. It was so much fun, it wasn't long before I bought one. I ended up getting a 2003 Yamaha Vino (2t/50cc). We ride all over!  Congrats, and enjoy.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got Vespa 150 and like it a lot. Great running short errands around.

I live in the rural setting on the coast, no need to gearing up, no helmet, no insurance...Feels like I am 16 again when I had my very first motorized vehicle also called "wasp" but in Polish ( Polish "Osa" = Italian "Vespa" = English  "wasp")

Good times...

• Like 3