Bag racks?

pete roper

If anyone is interested I just saw these on eBay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334529025771

Now a few years ago I would of been interested but I've decided my CARC bikes will see me out so much as I'd like a V11 it won't happen. Thing is though these don't have the bags. Other thing is I DO have a set of the correct Tekno bags to go with them. I was using them on my Griso racks instead of the Griso bags, (I won't bother explaining why but there were reasons.) but I've since embarked on making a set of QD hard luggage for the Griso Tourismo using the same mounting system so my Tekno bags will be surplus to requirement.

Rather than letting them moulder in a corner if someone want to complete a set of 'Factory' bags for their V11 they can snap up the racks and give me a hoy and we'll work out some deal. As most of you know this usually involves some sort of charitable donation and covering the shipping so the cost shouldn't be exorbitant.

• Thanks 1

I love my Tekno panniers! They are so versatile and dependable.

Yep, they expand. And will hold a full case of long-neck ale bottles in sixes. It ain't purty, but it's real . . . :bier:

SSCN2280.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 10:18 PM, docc said:

I love my Tekno panniers! They are so versatile and dependable.

Do your side bags touch the exhaust pipes?  I have a set, I want to use (my other ones lost a door while riding the other day so I swapped out the rack clips onto these).  They physicaly touch the exhaust which gets warm but not too hot to touch.   

My Tekno have clearance to the canisters. Yet, I am running round, carbon fiber accessory cans, likely made by Mistral for Guzzi back in the day. I can see how oval cans, especially the larger, original LaFranconi could pose clearance problems.

While the heat might not be an issue damaging the pannier material, I would not want my luggage resting on my exhaust at the risk of stressing the exhaust junctions and attachment points . . .