Maintenance videos

red lion

Are there any V!! maintenance videos on how to grease driveline and splines.- Tune up -  Valve Adjustment. And others?

What do you need to know ? 

Greasing the driveshaft (I know from experience) will require a contraption to grease the front joint . The other fittings are trial and error .

The valve adjustment , you will figure out . Remove the rear , put the bike on a centerstand , spark plugs removed ,bike in gear and spin the rear wheel to get the piston where you want it . Keep it simple and work on one cylinder at a time .  Each TDC will get you into the valve overlap stroke or compression . This is where you want to be . You will get good at using feeler gauges and clearance . Snug and loose . Do this procedure until you get confident doing it !  

The rest ,  stay on board and stay involved.

I see the grease fitting at the rear joint Then with the wheel off grease the splines between the wheel and rear end. What else needs to be greased besides the front joint?

4 hours ago, red lion said:

I see the grease fitting at the rear joint Then with the wheel off grease the splines between the wheel and rear end. What else needs to be greased besides the front joint?

Yes, just those three "Zerks" on the drive shaft. It is just that the front U-joint Zerk on the early RedFrame (+Rosso Mandello) "ShortFrames" has been an enigma. No one knows why the early front UNI access is so much more frustrating than the LongFrame starting in 2002.

Video for tune-up/ valve adjustment? Not that I recall.

Yet, this "How to . . ."  thread contains layers of tutorials, links, and images to guide your way: