Reusable silicon gaskets

LaGrasta

5 minutes ago, pete roper said:

The cover gaskets will not work on any of the 8V's. Old or new.

Cool, thanks.

So, any valve cover gasket for a "square fin" (1000 (949), 1100 (1064) / V11 ) will interchange the later 2-valve/cylinder 1100/ 1200 ? And vice-versa?

Yup. Weird thing with the CARC bikes though. If you use the stock, *Paper* gaskets they will fail. No ifs or buts. Why these later models can't cope with them I have no idea. All I can assume is it has something to do with the overall shape of the rocker cover. They certainly seem *Taller* than the earlier ones up to the V11 but whether that allows more or different expansion I have no idea.

Thing is though no matter how careful you are they will split and squeeze out. The Valpolini gaskets can't tear and are a 100% reliable fix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

it sure would've been easier if Guzzi just made the newer gaskets as superseding the old ones.

And to think, this forum has been going for years and we didn't discover this until now.  :not:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you Roper-san for the seal of approval.. everybody sees the light now... :sun:

12 hours ago, LowRyter said:

And to think, this forum has been going for years and we didn't discover this until now.  :not:

Actually this has been known for quite sometime now, first on WG, courtesy of Mr. Pete Roper again:  https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=78120.0 on which thread I believe you participated.

Also discussed here more recently:

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20295-valpollini-rocker-cover-gaskets/page/2/#comment-269462

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, LowRyter said:

it sure would've been easier if Guzzi just made the newer gaskets as superseding the old ones.

Perhaps one of the down sides to a single model forum: the more limited sharing of knowledge and observations between models and even across brands.

Look for this thread to move "Technical Topics" for better archiving . . .

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, PJPR01 said:

Another plus for these, I've recently also installed them on my V11 Scura...very nice quality. 

Docc will be pleased too since they are made in Tennessee!

Made in USA. I'm in. Even if Valpolini is better, I've never put a second set of paper valve cover gaskets on any of my bikes.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, LowRyter said:

I've been banging on about how good these things are for years after Pete recommended them. If you also don't have a spare later front timing chain cover gasket of the same style then I've been wasting my time posting about them as well.

Phil 

• Like 1

I've been running the real gasket silicone valve cover gaskets for a couple of years on my Quota and Ambassador, very happy with them. Tried the silicone pan gasket on the Quota, not as happy, went back to the paper gasket and reusable sealant, the low torque spec on the silicone pan gasket made me nervous, tried blue loctite, but still was not happy. Leaked and when I pulled it off it had tears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1