"pinging" when accelerating/Use of moly in gear bo

RichMaund

Guest Cliff Jefferies

This is not completely correct.

Judging from the schematics on Carl Allison's site, the two are very similar in how they connect to the rest of the bike. There may be some minor differences, but I'm sure it wouldn't amount to much.

Also the 15M has the air pressure sensor mounted on the ECU whereas on the 16M it was external. I've allowed for a Motorola MPX4100 to mounted on the circuit board, but this is untested. It only has three active pins, so it should work.

Cliff

Guest mcloutier
mcloutier,

Would you care to share your map with other PCIII users? I would like to try your pinging solution.

I would post my map, but it would trully be a waste of time. I tried several peoples maps on my bike before doing my own and none of them were right. I also have talked to several people who have tried the same thing. The bikes seem to be different enough that sharing maps just doesn't work well. What I did was load the stock map and ride then go home and make tweaks. I only changed 10-15 values to get it very happy on my bike. It's pretty easy to tell what is too rich and what is too lean if your bike is running well before you install the Power Commander. Pay attention to your throttle openings and RPM. It's really easy to do, just takes some patience. I do plan on having it dyno tuned at at one of the tuning link centers but I am not done with my modifications to the bike yet.

The pinging was cured by adding about 5% more fuel under 80-100% throttle from 5k-7K

[.

It's pretty easy to tell what is too rich and what is too lean if your bike is running well before you install the Power Commander. Pay attention to your throttle openings and RPM. It's really easy to do, just takes some patience.

Could you please elaborate a bit to make me (OK, I am not ashamed to admit I do not know how to tell just by riding if it is too rich or too lean) understand and be able to tell?

I am sure there would be others to benefit. Thanks.