Noob first post

Paul H

Hello all.  Been riding a while and had the same bike a while, zrx1100, ready for something different.  V11 looks interesting.  I’ve poked around to try to answer my own questions to a certain extent.  

Biggest unanswered question is about fit.  I’m a tallish guy, Almost 6’4”, 34 inseam, 37 sleeve and not so young and flexible anymore.  My worry when delving into an Italian sport bike is that I won’t fit on it comfortably.   Current ride is a pretty good fit, I’ve lowered the bar a little bit from stock. I’m not sure if there is one on the island (Oahu) to try on for size, if there is I’d drive over and ask if I could sit on it for size.

Possibly looking to buy a nice sorted one at a good price.  The shipping only goes from San Diego, so probably west coast.  I’ve looked into shipping from the east coast and the cost is prohibitive.

Thanks to all in advance for any assistance.

Hello Paul,

I ride a ‘04 Sport and at 6’3” the bike fits me very well.   No two people are alike but with different options to handlebars and lowering pegs I feel you can make the V11 platform fit to your needs.

Hope that helps

• Like 2

Welcome, @PaulH !

I looked at the member map and found four members on O'ahu, but only one that has visited in the last three years. Worth reaching out to @RMW1967 in Kaneohe.

As for fit, none of the V11 have a very seep racer crouch like, say many Ducati and some Aprlia. Yet the knee bend to the rearsets is worth considering. Later, 2003-2004, V11 included models with handlebars instead of clip-ons: Ballabio, Café Sport, and Coppa Italia. Best wishes!

On 9/4/2022 at 12:16 PM, Kostarika said:

Hello Paul,

I ride a ‘04 Sport and at 6’3” the bike fits me very well.   No two people are alike but with different options to handlebars and lowering pegs I feel you can make the V11 platform fit to your needs.

Hope that helps

Absolutely, there’s quite a range of ergonomics available between low clips, high clips and ‘proper’ handlebars.

• Like 2