1998 California Crash Bar Needed

LowRyter

I think that might be the type of thing that Mark Etheridge might have lying around; he's stripping a lot of Californias and doing nice custom standards.

fyi fwiw

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

I think that might be the type of thing that Mark Etheridge might have lying around; he's stripping a lot of Californias and doing nice custom standards.

fyi fwiw

I keep hearing/seeing about "Mark." Any link or contact information to share?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, docc said:

I keep hearing/seeing about "Mark." Any link or contact information to share?

nporsoteSdg6t8 . Moto Guzzi Classics . Please CALL, DO NOT TEXT (562) 986-0070

Hey Doc, I just copied over his info from one of his ads.

I don't have an email address for him, he posts on Face Book Guzzi bikes and parts for sale, so he probably could be reached that way; I know from Chuck's comments, I think Mark is very old school and not on a computer very often.

I don't have a physical address for him, but he's in Long Beach California.

fyi
  • Thanks 1

I went ahead and ordered one from Germany.  I forgot to check here first after I got no info on Wild.  I should've known better. 

Thanks guys, we'll pocket it this info for the next time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I went ahead and ordered one from Germany. 

Taking advantage of today's strong US dollar to make Euro-denominated parts feel cheaper.

This is probably a good time for US members to buy from Italy and UK too. My Joe Caruso gears would have felt 20% cheaper if I bought them today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scud said:

Taking advantage of today's strong US dollar to make Euro-denominated parts feel cheaper.

This is probably a good time for US members to buy from Italy and UK too. My Joe Caruso gears would have felt 20% cheaper if I bought them today.

Funny, it was listed for $100 euros.   But the bill listed it for $80 eu, then DHL shipping was another $80 eu.  It works out a little over $160US, about the same as I found here for cost but not available anywhere.  The hmb said it wasn't OEM but an aftermarket supplier, so quality is unk but they did have it.  Should get it in a couple of weeks.  I assume hmb-Guzzi is reputable.  I think we'll be lucky to get suppliers for many legacy parts.  

4 hours ago, Scud said:

I paid for my Caruso gears in Pounds Sterling. I haven't checked if the US dollar is strong there, too. I'm looking at some parts from TLM, The Netherlands, and was surprised at the exchange rate with the Euro right now . . .

Also, @LowRyter, My experience with HMB is that they are definitely reputable.

On 9/27/2022 at 3:08 PM, LowRyter said:

Funny, it was listed for $100 euros.   But the bill listed it for $80 eu

Advertised prices in Europe are always listed including VAT, when shipped outside the euro zone that tax is taken off. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...