2001 Silver V11 Sport

Joe

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Docc, are these the original canisters for EPA regulations? 

00F0F_kj2SMrqzt7pz_0kE0fu_1200x900.jpg

So very much original about this V11 Sport. Yes, those are the US spec fuel tank evap canisters. Very unusual to find those intact. Also the rear, and front/side, reflectors. Even the front signal "extenders" are in place. Bosch relays in the critical positions (not a bad thing). Added SAE 12v connector, but with no other signs of electrical modifications.

Very little scuff/ wear in the typical places (seat mounting tabs, fuel filler, alt cover). It wouldn't surprise me that this is a true 5100 mile Sport (the tach needles have been known to fade in advance of the speedo needle, for unknown reasons).

A wee scuff on the tip of the clutch lever and maybe the front left turn signal is a little skewed, but original head guards and spark plug boots. No touch-down grind on the sidestand or any visible cracking around bodywork mounting points (not all the images are clear). The clutch fluid looks amber, but not black. Brake fluids look clear.

Those are not original LaFranconi canisters, but cannot identify what they are, otherwise. Perhaps they are modified LaFranconi (polished, de-restricted, custom passenger boot guards)?

Oil cooler brackets are changed (early aluminum ones failed. Warranty replacements were black steel). Aftermarket horns. The Rizoma bars, Givi fairing, and rear rack are not to my taste, but neither is highly admired Dom Perignon.

Missing Eagle badge from the the right Frame Side Plate (and brake pedal index O-ring), but the >fragile< brake pedal and shift pedal levers look original.

$6,000? Someone should get this nice V11 Sport!  (I really just want the front fender. :rolleyes: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Addendum:

A buyer should verify that the VIN is outside the early gearbox recall range, or that the recall was performed . . .

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9199

5,100 miles? Someone should do the first tune-up here, pretty soon . . . :luigi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, docc said:

So very much original about this V11 Sport. Yes, those are the US spec fuel tank evap canisters. Very unusual to find those intact. Also the rear, and front/side, reflectors. Even the front signal "extenders" are in place. Bosch relays in the critical positions (not a bad thing). Added SAE 12v connector, but with no other signs of electrical modifications.

Very little scuff/ wear in the typical places (seat mounting tabs, fuel filler, alt cover). It wouldn't surprise me that this is a true 5100 mile Sport (the tach needles have been known to fade in advance of the speedo needle, for unknown reasons).

A wee scuff on the tip of the clutch lever and maybe the front left turn signal is a little skewed, but original head guards and spark plug boots. No touch-down grind on the sidestand or any visible cracking around bodywork mounting points (not all the images are clear). The clutch fluid looks amber, but not black. Brake fluids look clear.

Those are not original LaFranconi canisters, but cannot identify what they are, otherwise. Perhaps they are modified LaFranconi (polished, de-restricted, custom passenger boot guards)?

Oil cooler brackets are changed (early aluminum ones failed. Warranty replacements were black steel). Aftermarket horns. The Rizoma bars, Givi fairing, and rear rack are not to my taste, but neither is highly admired Dom Perignon.

Missing Eagle badge from the the right Frame Side Plate (and brake pedal index O-ring), but the >fragile< brake pedal and shift pedal levers look original.

$6,000? Someone should get this nice V11 Sport!  (I really just want the front fender. :rolleyes: )

Docc, the rear sub frame is almost sterile clean, amazing. Reminds me of the same Silver bike I bought new at the MG dealer in 2002.

Yep, that listing looks legit. New owner just must be prepared for a bike that has "sat up" all this time.

Plus, be certain of that gearbox recall status.

2 hours ago, docc said:

Those look like Staintune. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, docc said:

Docc, would you buy another bike if it was an exact low mileage version of your beloved Silver V11 Sport?

Sort of a 2.0, let’s do it all over again bike. You could transfer some of the sentimental bits over from the original bike like the screen, pipes, horns and clip-ons. 🤔

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 5:55 AM, Joe said:

Docc, would you buy another bike if it was an exact low mileage version of your beloved Silver V11 Sport?

Sort of a 2.0, let’s do it all over again bike. You could transfer some of the sentimental bits over from the original bike like the screen, pipes, horns and clip-ons. 🤔

It would be daunting to perform the entire ensemble of changes and upgrades that have evolved over all this time - charging, electrical, fueling, lighting, suspension, gearbox/shifting mods, instruments . . .

Short answer:                    ~ nope ~

IMG_6717.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

5 speed transmission?

Ha, yeah, I saw that, too. I suppose when a 22 year old bike has been ridden that little, a certain amount of unfamiliarity is to be expected.

Otherwise, it cpuld jyst be a tupo. Lots of theze keys are pretty close tpgether. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just an update this listing price has dropped, making this one heck of a buy. :o

2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Sport. 5k.mi. Real Sharp. Pure Italian !! - $4,650 (Jonesborough TN)

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcd/d/jonesborough-2001-moto-guzzi-11-sport/7570598572.html

• Like 2