Unpacking the cans... don't bother-

F344

Tune boy ist not available here in Europe, as far as I know.

The temperatures are around zero C here in Austria... don't like it.

Ernst

67302[/snapback]

Of course it is! Order it directly at www.Tuneboy.com.au or if you prefer a european source at www.tuneboy.uk. These countries run their own mail companies, the Brits even under the crown still ;)

It's a great product, but if you want something really exciting and also priceworthy then consider the My15M solution in kit form, available at Cliff Jefferies. Link

Hubert

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

what if i just take the cans out of the bike, since i live in mexico its no ta problem for me ill just claim its a harle, well cud i affect the motor

what if i just take the cans out of the bike, since i live in mexico its no ta problem for me ill just claim its a harle, well cud i affect the motor

If you don't re-map the fueling, it could run to lean and shorten the life of the engine, especially the exhaust valves.

You could restrict the exhaust outlets to give it enough back pressure, but still remapping is a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not put some megaphones on? That gets the sound out away from your ears and helps with scavenging - probably still needs a remap though.

Why not put some megaphones on? That gets the sound out away from your ears and helps with scavenging - probably still needs a remap though.

I had reverse cone megaphones on my Norton, and loved the sound. I bought them in the U.K., and they were the original equipment replacements. But the Guzzi has 2" pipes, and there is that pesky 45 degree bend to deal with. Have you any sources you know of? :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
200803b005.jpg I had previously unpacked the steel wool from end of cans ,but the tone was still i thought a bit low still. Mine is a 2006 ballabaio with catalyst fitted in the front of the cans.Simple job i thinks to just cut a hole in the side,break up the cat and shake it out ,as with most jobs,was definatly not as easy as i hoped!!.The cat is inside a internal pipe and held in place by 4 stainless pins going crossways through it,and just to make it really interesting the cat is a metal corragated form,not the brick type i normally see which you can simply break up with a air chisel.Second can was a bit easier to do as i sliced cat up with disc cutter first,but still a hell of a job.Dont attempt this if you do not have access to a air chisel,small angle grinder ,breathing mask(nasty dust) and a free afternoon. Have still yet to try down the road in anger as i need a friend to reweld the plate back on ,but i slid the outer cover back on and end cans and sounds just right to me ,not too loud ,and hopefully with no cat in the way and also a much shorter easier route for the gases to get out might even make a smidge more power.At least with a more rumbly exhaust,it might drown out the awfull clutch noise which i hate. GEORGE

• 2 weeks later...
Do you feel like a man when you have succesfull destroyed your cans? You know... we call this TUZING - NOT TUNNING.

Be proud to yourself now!

<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wacko.png" alt=":wacko:">:angry: :angry:

TUZING?

http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuning

What makes you feel like a man, or more importantly, what makes you value feeling like a man?

I see many reasons why one might modify mufflers:

To get more music.

To get more power.

To get more music/noise while still retaining a stock/legal look.

To get more music/noise/power while still retaining money in your wallet.

Yes slavomir ,i do believe i have sprouted a few more hairs on my chest since i sliced the cans! ;) Unfotunatly not on my head :D .It was a bit of a risk that i might ruin the runing,but as it will still probably produce more backpressure than a pair of straight through cans that would have cost me a few hundred pounds i foolishly as you think took the gamble and after a few ride outs am very very pleased with the result. The sound is not excessive by any means and the top end definatly pulls much stronger. I have noticed a slight glitchyness around 2500 3000rpm,hopefully a little tinkering with the tps settings might sort out,but as i saved a few quid on cans i can now afford a pc2 .regards GEORGE