MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

So far there's one completed bike which shreds 6-speed gearbox and can't even finish a race!(see albacete).

BULLSHIT is right

Thankyou Francesco.

I dare anyone to go try a 12 hour endurance race and see how hard it is. I raced endurance when I was 25 years old and it was incredibly hard work. Any team that can finish an endurance race has shown they have, among many things, an incredibly tough bike. Any team that can change a complete gearbox in 16 minutes is incredible!

When I get my MGS-01 (when, not if) I shall invite Francesco to come race with me.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GGuzzi

The G.B's do it for me..... every last detail is so well thought out. Tying to hit the lottery so I can own a few..$$$$$$$$ For now the V11 RS will have to do.

What do you think the price tag on the MGS-01 will be... any guesses??

I expect the MGS01 soon why you ask. Its really simply with the money I had put aways for the purchase I have decided to keep the 1100 sport and buy a supermotard and do a little racing for fun more than anything else. As Murphy is a complete bastard it will surely arive in due course.

Sorry, but I believe the only racing Jim and Francesco will be doing will be "bench" racing when they are old and haggard waiting for the MGS01. Just my opinion! :rolleyes: Zebulons Supertwin kicks some serious ass and with it's "real"

OHC motor tweaked to 1225cc. The American "Pro Thunder" we sponsored 2 years ago would kick the MGS01 ass for days! I can't wait 'til a rider drops one of the 3 bikes and tells of the cost to replace the tank as it is welded to the frame-read expensive! We Guzzisti-always waiting...... :helmet:

well, the "in the frame" gastank was left after the first prototype. I don't change a gasstank, do you need to do that? Now the box has failed is everyone talking about that, easy. The 4V supertwin had problems on the track too, not? What is wrong is that they try it on the track after they made a series, they should have been to a supertwin or whatever raceseries early this year.

Here a picture of the frame, no tank. apezzi2.jpg

The problems we encountered were the expense of differential gearsets suited for the particular track, i.e Daytona and the fact that lesser displacement Japanese cycles blew by us like we were standing still due to aerodynamics.

Go figure! Chain drive has it's advantages over shaft in that you can "mix up"

gear combinations inexpensively as opposed to buying a number of differentials at

ever increasing cost! Still the Pro-Thunder was a very powerful machine, indeed!

Still havn't heard from anyone who has done it themselves!!!! Go ahead and try running a bike at 100 percent for twelve hours. Is YOUR bike ready for it???? I am still impressed with any team that can even finish an endurance race. So unless you have been there and can show me otherwise, the MGS-01 in its first race was phenominal!!!

Also forgot to mention that the SuperTwin looks like an awesome bike and if I ever am in Texas I'd love to mix it up with ya!! I havn't raced for twenty years but then Jim Redman came back in his fifties and won at Daytona so maybe I'll still have something left in me. I never was any good at the sprint races but when I went endurance racing I had a blast and our team was reasonably succesful. We figured that finishing the 24 hours at Nelson Ledges was a victory in itself and our third place finish made it even sweeter. But that was another era......

Francesco!!! You and I must ride my MGS-01 when I get it - yes - I don't know when but I am sure they are scared of when I do have it!!!

We will show them how it is done - no?

P.S. I was riding my Rossi today withh a group of riders and one was on a Tenni. Great bike!!!!!

Francesco-you probably will be still riding your Tenni when you are old and not anything else,to YOU Guzzi may be the best bike. I didn't spend the extra $$ on a Supertwin by mistake, fool, to not have a Guzzi powered bike! As a matter of fact judging by the forum the problems associated w/the Moto Guzzi marque doesn't affect my Supertwin. Why? Better craftsmanship,better quality control,better attention to detail, need I go on? The quickest way to make a bike go faster is to liose the weight...70lbs, see if you can find where you could shed the weight on your Tenni...you won't. "Nuff said! :moon: