brake lever

Guest brianash

Guest brianash

my ex-girlfriend tipped my 2000 v11 sport over the other day (on accident), and scratched up my engine guard, and broke my front brake lever. i talked to the local MG dealer, and he said that the lever was over $100!!! don't these bikes have the same brakes as a certain ducati?? if they use the same lever, what model ducati is it, since aftermarket MG parts are pretty much non-existent... I could not believe the price!

Guest Squashed Nose

I'm gobsmacked.

If I were you, I would get a pukka lever and bill your ex.

Cor blimey, geezer, what a liberty.

If anyone did that to my bike they'd be brown bread.

I've already broken one and they're about $69 in the USA. Pretty much the same as every other manufacturer's price these days for a brake lever. Don't break the rear pedal though, it's close to $145.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
my ex-girlfriend tipped my 2000 v11 sport over the other day (on accident), and scratched up my engine guard, and broke my front brake lever.  i talked to the local MG dealer, and he said that the lever was over $100!!!  don't these bikes have the same brakes as a certain ducati??  if they use the same lever, what model ducati is it, since aftermarket MG parts are pretty much non-existent...  I could not believe the price!

I'm pretty sure that the brake lever on those are just like the one's on the Ducati 916SP.

Hey,

I bought a CRG 'roll-a-click' lever for my wife's jackal. Stock was a bit of a reach, so she needed an adjustable one. Besides, she dropped the bike and bent the lever... :doh:

Anyhoo, they're awfully expensive, but really nicely made. And they fit the V11 (I put it on mine for a short while :P ). And they're adjustable.

http://www.constructorsrg.com/page3.html

Cheers,

Jason

The stock rear brake lever is a sand cast, porous, POS! Any side pressure will crack it right off. Not worth the money. I have a friend with a Sport 1100 who has cracked two of them now.

Cut a new one from .5" aluminum plate. It'll be much stronger. If the bike goes over, it'll bend instead of brake (Pun intended!). :doh:

When I broke the rear brake lever on my Sport 1100i three years ago, the replacement lever took four months to be delivered. I couldn't wait, so I contacted Brent Prindle of Moto International. I had read about his project bike http://www.motointernational.com/project.html and noticed it had a billet brake pedal. Brent made me one on short notice (he's an awfully nice guy) and I was able to attend the 2000 Grass Valley Rally as a result. Cost was about the same as stock.