Handlebars

Guest Squashed Nose

Guest Squashed Nose

I'm just not ready for a sensible riding position and I would like to lower the bars by, I don't know, maybe 75-100mm in order to get more weight over the front wheel, improve handling and airflow over the screen. Short of using clip-ons, has anyone any idea how I might achieve this?

Guest JohnInNH

See Russ's thread about his Verlicchi Clip-ons.

He raised his, but if you put the clamp on UNDER the top plate I believe you can lower the bars. Look at MG-Cycle for a pic of the bars... also turn the clamp upside down, then insert the bars. Should get you as low as ya need.

MG-Cycle

Guest Squashed Nose

Thanx geezer,

I can't imagine when I'm going to stop laughing at those prices!

And I suppose they don't include shipping.

To think, it wasn't all that long ago that I was whinging at the Japs for making the cost of replacement parts outrageously high. Stucci make them seem cheap by comparison!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Once again I'm very late but I can add some words about clip-on bars.

I tried Tomaselli Gold Commander (ref. 144.41) : these bars are fully adjustable

and can provide a much better handling and a much better riding position.

My own was with an angle of 15° between fork and bar. Price in Europe is about 160 euros

(more or less the same in $).

No problem at all but due to personal taste (I was not fully satisfied with the look), I changed them for

not adjustable Robby racing clip-on (10°). That works too but my hands hurt me sometimes on the outer area. Price

in Europe is about 220 euros.

In each case, handle bars were clamped under the top yoke.

You have to know that 10° is the max angle possible with a Magni fairing in case you intend to buy one.

Anyway, whatever clip-on bars you use, you 'll discover a new bike even more thrilling and lovable than the old one.

I wonder why they are not sold with it ... :bike:

Good luck