V11 saddle

Guest Beniamino Vigo

Thanks Folks!

Actually, with practice and the right tools, rebuilding a seat like Russ's takes about one work day. Though due to delays that come up and folks dropping by it often stretches to two. Back in 1996 when I bought my first walking foot machine, a job like that took a few days. I have had LOTS of practice and greatly improved my tooling and technique over the years. That is one reason I haven't raised my prices in three years. I have found ways to improve efficiency and my suppliers have had only very modest increases in thier prices. So if I stick to jobs I know I can nail well, my hourly wage on jobs has actually increased modestly each year as well. Folks are welcome to come here and wait while I build it. Most seats can be done in one day. If it's a complicated seat like a EV, I will build the covers in advance and do the rest while you're here. On those days I work right thru the day and even ignore calls. But I can have you done by dinner time and ready to ride out. On those evenings, I usually take the family out to our favorite Mexican Restaurant since I am "finished" at the end of that day and need a break! B) I am pretty busted up physically and have much arthritis, so on days that I push it, I really pay for it by day's end!

So if anyone out there wants to see their seat get built, that's perfectly do-able!

I can sell gel, foam, glue or fabrics also.

I'm back from my first ride on my new seat from Rich! First things first; the workmanship is superb; blows away the Corbin on my Beemer. Seems are all tight, uniform and substantial. Fit on the bike better than the stock upholstry. It is a thing of beauty. The first ride was regrettably only 12 miles so I cannot give details but it is much more comfortable than stock. I have also put my adjustable clipons on (see post on handlebars) so the ergos on the bike are very different from a week ago. I think I need to adjust the bars a little more. The only thing I can say was that I slid around a little but I think that may be a combo of new material and the bar position. I'll give another report after a few weeks.

Overall, the seat is an excellent value IMHO

:ph34r::ph34r:

Great job RicH :bier:

post-5-1037751621_thumb.jpg

Some more observation after a few more days on Rich's saddle. I like it more and more as I ride it. It really is comfortable. Much more so than the Corbin on my RS, probably because of the Gelinsert. If I had a complaint (and I don't) it would be that I tend to slide around a little. I attribute that to the newness of the material and the fact that I have a flat ass. :blink:

Guest Squashed Nose

Sorry Rich, I've just had a good look at the picture and I must say that the lines of the bike have been ruined. I daresay this is what Russ asked for but the look of the stock seat with the hump installed is sublime.

If that was my seat I'd find a different bike to put it on!

I agree with you SN. I fell in love with the looks of the bike in it's stock form. When I can afford it, I'll buy another seat and make a solo version and keep the tail piece attached. (The passenger backrest unbolts from the rack with four allen bolts.)

But I love having my wife and family ride with me more than I loved the solo style of the bike! The solo seat lost. I had to make it good for two up riding.