Buell Firebolt Mirrors

edge

Hey, Edge: is that a Laminar Lip on the top of your windshield, or another one of your efforts in custom plastic enhancements? Dish, man: that looks like a useful piece of kit for the taller rider!

:thumbsup:

another

post-5-1092968889.jpg

33303[/snapback]

Yes, That's the Laminar Lip. I bought it before the German touring windshild was avaialble here in the US. Forgot what I paid, I think $65ish delivered, simple instalation already pre-drilled. I found the hardware lacking in quality and match so I swapped out with appropriate SS hardware from West Marine with Acorns nuts and all. Wasn't crazy about the looks initially but have grown used to it and find it very functional. I am 5'11" and found a little more helmet buffeting than I cared for at 55-65mph. The lip opend up the pocket at those speeds and find it very comfortable at 75-85. They come in clear and smoke and naturally went witht he smoked. It's pretty good at keeping the gnats off at speed but below 50, it's visors down ^_^

• 17 years later...

I have bought Buell parts for my Lemans in the past. I think it was turn signals that I needed. The Buell pieces were exact matches to the parts on the Guzzi but at about 25% of the price. I think the turn signals with the smoked lenses cost around $7 each. Now that Buell has been shuttered for many years I wonder if you'll be able to find these mirrors any longer. I know the last time I stopped by the Harley dealer for a Buell turn signal they said they didn't have any Buell parts in stock.

15 hours ago, dgpmerc said:

I have bought Buell parts for my Lemans in the past. I think it was turn signals that I needed. The Buell pieces were exact matches to the parts on the Guzzi but at about 25% of the price. I think the turn signals with the smoked lenses cost around $7 each. Now that Buell has been shuttered for many years I wonder if you'll be able to find these mirrors any longer. I know the last time I stopped by the Harley dealer for a Buell turn signal they said they didn't have any Buell parts in stock.

That's true.

I have the smoked Buell turn signal lenses, and had the Buell drop pegs (those require bushing adapters for the pin), so there are a number of "parts bin" interchangeable bits that can be used from Buell I'm sure.

Sometimes I still see these "Buell" parts (in quotes because they aren't just used for Buell) listed on other HD parts sites occasionally, but out of curiosity I did search for these mirror parts without success.  I did see a used one on eBay though.  But if one were really looking, I bet setting up a saved search on eBay would eventually find some NOS or in good condition used.

I am fairly certain that the good ole days of super cheap Buell parts, perhaps other than the turn signal lenses, are gone though :(