Clutch adjustment

Guest SteveT

On my lemans the clutch doesn't engage until it's almost all the way out from the handlebar. I suspect air in the hydralic line and that it needs bled down by the transmission. Anyone else have this problem and did bleeding the clutch resolve it?

thanks,

Steve Thoerner

Hi Steve,

Ref your clutch not engaging until its almost entirely out (as far from the bars as is possible) - air in the system would have the exact opposite effect, as the air is easily compressed the clutch would hardly disengage at all.

If its been like this all the time I suggest you adjust the throw position of the lever (I do not mean the span adjuster - this will not help) by removing the lever and looking at the mechanism, you will see that the 'nipple' that push's the piston is actually a screw retained by a spring and anti-tamper locking compound. Simply dig out the compound wih a bradle (or small screw driver) and adjust it to suit your style. The spring will stop it adjusting on its own.

The same method can be used to adjust the brake 'bite' position.

Good luck - if its something else let us all know.

Thanks...that is an easy fix. The adjustment screw on my bike was cranked way in with multiple threads showing on the backside...

Steve Thoerner