general dissatisfaction of the V11 product

Guest ivan

Hi,

I'm back in town, i will always be a Guzzi fan after driven a Lemans 2 and 4.

I've now a Daytona 1000 (82.000km) and a V11 Sport (24.000km). There is a general quality problem of all V11 products like the sport - scura - lemans. There are complaint overall the world (see other forums). I suggest that everyone who has problems with the V11 product will contact the customer service of MotoGuzzi Italie on their official site (www.motoguzzi.it) or on their email address motoguzzi_cs@markerweb.it

I will remain a big Guzzi fan but i'm tired of all the complaints. At least we can inform the Mandello factory that they have quality problems, now they have to admit it! Sorry but I'm a bit pissed-off, it is not that Guzzi is a cheap product, isn't it! :finger:

Ivan, while I tend to agree with you, you have to keep in mind that on the internet forums, all we hear from are the folks with problems. I think it's safe to say that there are plenty of satisfied customers out there - we just don't hear from them because nobody bothers to write to tell us everything is normal. This can give the appearance of an abnormal amount of complaints.

Personally, the problems don't bother me to much. What bothers me is that MG (Aprilia?) generally seems reluctant to deal with the problems once they are identified.

Just my $0.02 only.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

I'm generally happy with my V11 Le Mans. Aside from the TPS and the transmission spring that needed to be replaced, I really can't complain. I rode it for most of the day on Sunday and had an absolute blast. The bike just plain works. It's fun, comfortable and fast enough. I mixed about a gallon and a half of race fuel with pump premium and had no pinging all day. :sun:

I can agree and disagree with Jason on this. My LeMans had a couple of problems in the first 500 miles (Tank Suck and a leaking timing chain cover). In both instances my Dealer, Mr. Fix It made sure it was taken care of. I think that most problems can be resolved if a dealer has the right relationship with MGNA. There are some (I won't mention one that I am aware of here in the Dallas area) that have poor relations with MGNA and therefore MGNA will not work with them and likely distrusts whatever they tell them. :(

Anyone who buys a small manufacturers product like a Guzzi (or an MZ, MV Agusta, Ural, etc.) needs to understand that there will be some issues regarding parts availability, dealer ability, etc. If you don't exp[ect a little extra hassle, then buy a Universal Jap Bike. :wub:

That being said, it would serve Guzzi well to be sure that it's customers are happy. They should monitor the Guzi websites and be Pro_Active in communicating to there gaggle of geese followers :ph34r:

Guest JohnInNH

Dealer, Dealer, Dealer....

Oh Did I say It's the dealer that's the key to happy owners. If you have a broken shifter spring, and the dealer can't get one for 3 months yet has 4-5 new bikes on the showroom floor it would seem to me he has at least ONE to give you.

Some dealers will bend over backwards to keep their customers loyal and riding. Others are just trying to flush inventory, and make $ on repairs while not giving a damn about the customer. :angry:

MG owns a lot of the problems. Some dealers can compensate and work around a flawed system better than others. The Owner can do something too.

Which would I rather do. Spend a few $ of my own money or loose 3/4 of the riding season for a $10 part. Owners have more flex ability than the Dealer, not that we should HAVE to, but it sure can help if we can work WITH the dealer to overcome the "system."

Some of us have been lucky and have bikes that are quite "right" from the factory. Unfortunately for us and the dealer, MG has a handful of bikes which need work to get em straight. Painting the motor BEFORE assembly w/o masking where gaskets go sure did not help the percentage of bikes which leak. :angry:

Once it's all set up and the bugs are worked out, the V11 can be a fine motorcycle. :)

Guest Squashed Nose

Having been in the motorcycling arena in excess of 20 years, I was well aware of MGs reputation and went into this purchase with my eyes wide open.

The high(ish) price of the Guzzi is surely partly due to the amount of post sale warranty work that the factory knows full well will have to be undertaken.

Despite all the problems I have had with my bike (and I seem to have suffered all the maladies described on these pages) I am very happy with my purchase. The problems are all relatively minor and, in general, the bike feels as though it will go on forever (albeit with constant fettling. But isn't that one of the joys of ownership?).

Try owning a Suzuki TLS1000 that is just out of the warranty period when the main bearing goes. And that was 400kms after a service. No help whatsoever.

My V11 is very low mileage after buying it in October of this year, but this bike has so much character and a 2 year warranty that I'm willing to put up with little problems if they occur. Thats why my 2nd bike is a Honda.