Aonther Scura clutch broken

Paul Minnaert

As I, and quite a few others, have been saying for a long time....It is likely to be a 'WHEN' rather than an 'IF'

:oldgit:

Nige. :huh:

After reading so long V11lemans.com forum I was already sure of that, but i preferred to be more prudent...

:(

once someone told that not all scuras should be affected. And that guzzi knew which productionrun it was. Guzzi have had some engines and gearboxes replaced under warranty, that were distroyed from the exploding clutch, so nothing happend can't be true.

I got an new engine & gearbox as a result of the failure. Any dealer can lookup that vin, and see what happend I suppose.

The least thing Guzzi could have done, was to supply a new 2 plate clutch to any scura owner that whats it.

The least thing Guzzi could have done, was to supply a new 2 plate clutch to any scura owner that whats it.

for now, the only thing i can hope is a cash refund at least for the mechanic work. :(

so you have a dealer where you go for maintenance and maybe bought the bike? What do they say?

..no sorry Paul I didn't explain clearly... I meant a cash refund from guzzi. I'll check and report if any options is valuable.

PS: This evening I talked with Uberto - remember this name if you come in Mandello, also known as Ube - the new Agostini mechanic (also Scola works there at the moment) and they said RAM clutch packet (flywheel+single plate synthrized clutch) is a good alternative to stock scura flywheel.

Guys ... Guzzi had a recall once, for something else ... see:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Moto-Guzzi-mot...port-recall.htm

Did you notice the reference to customers contacting the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236)? Is it possible to address the grenading clutch through this avenue?

Cheers

Cat