New Owner

Guest Happy Worker Bee

Guest Happy Worker Bee

Hey all,

I bought the 1978 Lemans 1 that was in the classifieds here. Allied shipping was to pick it up last week in New Orleans, but Ivan happened; so maybe this Friday and it gets to Century City by October 8. The seller (I won't use his name, unless I get permission) has been great, tossing in a tuneup and lots of really helpful advice. While we waited for shipping, he had Chuck House Motosports replace the ignition with Dyna 3 electronic ignition and Dyna high output coils.

What is really stupid about this purchase for me is that its a 1978 a bike (which needs TLC, but not as much as 2002 Triumphs) and I stopped working on my bikes a long time ago. I plan to re-learn on this bike, since the Honda will remain my beloved commuter bike. Despite my eagerness, and despite my gratitude for finding this beaut, the liklihood is that the Lemans will spend a lot of time watching me scratch my head, and dolefully pick through left-over parts and wonder why it won't turn over. Onward, gearhead....

But I used to park next to one in college and have always lusted after those lines and that Italian seduction. Now its paid for and to be delivered. I look forward to meeting folks on the L.A. rides.

HWB

Heh heh. You've been hooked.

The Le Mans is a great bike to work on. It's even better to ride, of course. Nicely engineered for the most part, and the services are very straight forward. Enjoy your ride!