MD/DC Guzzi Rally

RichMaund

This coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning is the Sept. Guzzi Rally sponsored by the MD/DC Guzzi Rep., Bill Sharp, family and his friends.

It'll be held at the Hagerstown MD Snug Harbor KOA. Just get yourself to a hiway around Hagerstown and follow the signs to the KOA there. It's tucked away on a hillside above a creek with towering old growth trees to shade your tent site. Bill and Company will cook Chili Friday evening. The campground offers a big turkey dinner for a reasonable price Saturday evening. The camp also cooks a great breakfast up Saturday and Sunday morning. Very reasonable prices. Bill always sets up some tarps to shelter the picnic tables. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous through the weekend. Bill usually has some great door prizes for registered Rally go'ers too.

Hope to see some of you there! It's a great little Rally and the countryside around that area is bike heaven!

My own bike is "under construction" right now. I am almost ready to attach my restored/customized M72 sidecar frame to my Ural Retro. Frame is done. Fender will get painted tomorrow as will the lighting fixtures I built. But the body still needs sheet metal work to finish the trunk. Lottsa work to go yet on that. But I may just trailer the whole mess up there to show it off. :P

And make note that the Mid Atlantic Italian Motofest is on Sunday 10 -3 in Shepherdstown, WV, not too far from the rally, www.italianmotofest.com

34019[/snapback]

I hear that Bill Sharp (MD MG rep) is trying to set up a reduced price for the Motofest.

Also, Speaker's Cycles from Ohio will have a Breva and a V11 at the rally, setting up demo rides.