Indiana Rally with covered bridge pictures

twhitaker

Just got back from the "Covered Bridge" Rally. Wife and I took a lot of pictures of the bridges spread all over the county. They say there are 33. Access to most of the bridges was by gravel road.

I think 24 people registered for the rally in Bridgeton Indiana and a good time was had by all.

I had the bike on its side to clean the dust out of the rear disc brake. Took all of 5 minutes to remove the caliper, spray it with brake cleaner and put it back together. It quit groaning after that.

There was one other spine frame in attendance. A Centauro ridden by Sergio. A couple of beautiful loopframes were there. We ran out of space on the flash card or I would have taken more pictures of the bikes.

One gal rode her bike to the rally so she cleaned up on the awards. She got long distance female, oldest female, and youngest female. I think we would have gotten long distance 2 up if they had that class.

The weather was great all weekend.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?show...Uy=-s8jsvg&Ux=0

When I went to the Grass Valley ralley in 99, a friend set us up on a ride he had done two months previously with a BMW group. Unfortunately, the roads in the area had been extensively "repaired" by dribblng on tar and a copious amount of gravel after he had been there. We wound up doing 75 miles on gravel with 12% grades with numerous hairpin turns, deep in a forest and a long way from help if anything had happened. Top speed - 37 mph. It took damn near all day. On a Sport 1100i with the stock clip-ons. I bought Helibars after that.

We rode only about 90 miles that day of which I would guess 30 were on gravel. A stop at each bridge allowed me to rub circulation back into my hands. I'm one of the probably 5% of this group that still has the stock clip ons.

The back half of my bike looks like it has been powder coated a dirt color and ready to go in the oven. Guess I'll have to get another bottle of S100.