'04 Lemans

ALLAN

I recently traded my '02 Lemans for an 2004, Red & Black. The newer bike looks nearly identical but there are differencces. Most noticable are the forks. The old forks could be tuned for compression and rebound dampening while the forks on the '04 Lemans have rebound and preload options. The new forks work a whole lot better than those off my 2002 Lemans. It took me some time to get the front end sorted on the '02, finially sending the forks to the folks at Lindeman Engineering. The front end on my new ride is sweet right out of the box. I made a few preload adjustments to set the sag and raised the forks 20mm in the triple clamps - it's all working great. I'd be curious to know if the dampening rates were changed on the rear because the newer shock is an improvement. I have had plenty of bikes with Ohlin's but, for me, they aren't worth the extra money for the V11 models that have them. I mounted a brace of M4 carbon cans, stucci X-over and PCIII. The bike is working so well already and I only have a thousand miles on the clock. I live in Southern California and my dealer is Orange Country Motorsports - the best dealer I have had an association with in the past twenty years. Why can't all dealers be like these guys?

Interesting

I've been playing with the front suspension but without much to show for it. How did the Lindeman tweaks work out for you? Any contact info or related particulars would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

I've got the same bike with approx. 2000 miles on it and I'm looking to add new cans, the Stucchi X-over and PCIII. I've been looking at the Mistral cans but can't seem to make a decision - any reason for the M4 choice?

I've got the same bike with approx. 2000 miles on it and I'm looking to add new cans, the Stucchi X-over and PCIII. I've been looking at the Mistral cans but can't seem to make a decision - any reason for the M4 choice?

35688[/snapback]

M4 cans (mine from MPH) are less expensive, better quality cf than Mistral, polished SS endcaps and fittings, and mellower. Haven't gotten any louder after 6k. miles.

Did I mention more mellow?

TonyBologna

Interesting

I've been playing with the front suspension but without much to show for it. How did the Lindeman tweaks work out for you? Any contact info or related particulars would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

35676[/snapback]

Lindeman did a nice job revalving the forks. I chose them because they had previous experience with V11 forks. That said, I feel the standard forks on the '04 Lemans are as well dampened as those that I had tweaked by Lindeman. I can give the settings I ended up with on my '02 Lemans prior to having them sent off to Lindeman if you like. I weigh 175 lbs.

Allan, if OC is the best dealer you have ever had, then I feel sorry for you.

You might want to follow this thread to see how great OC really is.

http://www.wildguzzi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8716&start=0

35724[/snapback]

I am assuming you have purchased either a Triumph or Moto Guzzi from OC, or you have spoken to others that have. I can only relay my personal experience and what others have told me who have purchased motorbikes from them. What I hear over and over is that they take care of their customers; their service department has a reputation of being second to none, I haven't heard of any issues concerning customers waiting on parts or warrenty issues. Besides selling more Moto Guzzi's then any dealer, they stock and buy more parts and accessories. What's not to like.

35688[/snapback]

I've had the Mistral cans. I like the look of the round carbon can but they are loud. The M4's have the nicest carbon; sort of a glossy look. The end caps have a brillant luster, they have a nice sound without being obnoxious. The only problem is that M4 will not make any more cans for Moto Guzzi. Orange County Motorsport 714-429-9200 has four sets left - I think. They can also tell you horsepower numbers with everyone's cans, and x-pipes, as they have compared them all on their dyno. For sure the Stucci x-over is the best of the bunch and a well mapped PCIII does wonders.

I am assuming you have purchased either a Triumph or Moto Guzzi from OC, or you have spoken to others that have.  I can only relay my personal experience and what others have told me who have purchased motorbikes from them.  What I hear over and over is that they take care of their customers; their service department has a reputation of being second to none, I haven't heard of any issues concerning customers waiting on parts or warrenty issues.  Besides selling more Moto Guzzi's then any dealer, they stock and buy more parts and accessories.  What's not to like.

35758[/snapback]

No I've never purchased anything from OC nor will I. I also don't believe anybody would have reason to lie about their experiences with OC on the Wildguzzi site either :huh2: This OC shit has been hashed to death anyway. I'm glad that they treat you right. Here's :bier: hoping that OC becomes the only authorized Guzzi dealer in the US