2005 UK V11 Rally

V11UK

Hi Chris

July sounds good- the June dates will probably clash with Dutch Boxmeer rally.

I was gutted I could not make the last one!

Yorkshire Dales sounds good- I'm not too far away and happy to help with organisation etc.

Regards

Guy :helmet:

Chris, when does the raining season stop in the UK? Or is it always showering?? :homer:

35670[/snapback]

We have warm rain May to September and cold rain October to April :D:D .

Normally June, July and August can be good - pretty much the same as Holland I guess.

BTW (Jaap) When is the Dutch Boxmeer rally next year?

Looking ahead to next year  :bike:

Locations: Midlands (as this year) or Yorkshire Dales or Lake District or Scotland

Dates: 17th/18th/19th June 2005 or 1st/2nd/3rd July 2005

Which would you prefer?  :mg:

35659[/snapback]

Not that my opinion counts for much, since I won't be there, but: my memory of the Lake District is of it being even greener than the rest of England, since with the constant rain algae grew all over everything... ;) & Scotland was d@mn cold [for a native of Lo-Cal So. Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!]

Accordingly, I'd think the Yorkshire dales would be a good call. What are the roads like down in Cornwall? Of course Wales would have some great roads for riders: heck, you'd probably rack up more mileage side-to-side than forward over there! :bike:

:D

Ride on!

Looking ahead to next year  :bike:

Locations: Midlands (as this year) or Yorkshire Dales or Lake District or Scotland

Dates: 17th/18th/19th June 2005 or 1st/2nd/3rd July 2005

Which would you prefer?  :mg:

35659[/snapback]

1 Scotland so much choice, but Skye / Arran would be great

2 Ulster

3 Lake District

4 Yorkshire Dales

5 Wicklow, Kerry (not strictly UK)

Dales, Midlands, S. Scotland/Borders, Lake or Peak District...any's OK.

NW Scotland/Isles is great place but dunno if I could take the time with kids & work - it's a fair trek from here for a weekend, & further for others.... then again I haven't done a good long run for longtime. Wales is a fine place, easy for me. IOM? Or if we're going on a boat - Ireland?

Chris - you found us a good place last time, so trust your judgement - wherever, good roads & a good pub in walking distance. A campfire?

If anyone's coming over from mainland Europe (?) & Ireland....then distance from ferries is a consideration?

Looking forward to it.

Thanks.

KB :sun:

I'm game

echo most of the above, probably hit most of the UK within one day, but the far extremes of Scotland would probably make it a long days ride/slog

having got permission to go to the GMC. It probably wouldn't go down to well for a Thursday - Monday weekend away.

Just checked the calander - I'm due on nights fri-sun - so it makes no difference to how much leave I have to take. So anywhere is fine

aside - I had taken an extra days leave on the monday after Jaaps international meeting to spend quality time with the family to make up for being away over the weekend , was due to be on a late shift so would be there in the evening for them.

I spent the whole day at the hospital with my autistic 5 yearold waiting for an operation under sedation to remove playdoh from his ear, and recovery time. As the ENT Dr couldn't get it out on the sunday evening. Is it safe to leave the kids alone with SWMBO

perhaps we ought hold it in my garden :not:

• 2 weeks later...

[scotland would be best, I think.

Some of the best roads in Europe if the weather holds up, and the scenery is spectacular, so various pillions won't get bored.

Hi Ferguzzi

It will be Scotland 15th/16th/17th July 2005 :helmet::bike:

I've just a few more things to sort out and then the details will be posted in the 'pinned' V11/Buell post at the top of this page.

Regards, Chris.

• 1 month later...

Following floating the idea a couple of months back. Chris opted to direct his efforts at the combined Buell and Moto Guzzi V11 meting. Partly as Baldini and I both indicated that we couldn't do two seperate meetings close together. Thats 1/3 of the participants who stayed both nights at Dodford.

So the forthcoming UK V11 meeting will be shared with Buell, if we get a good turn out it might be worth doing a sole brand for 2006.

Last year 6 camped for both nights and a couple more turned up for the second but there was another 1/2 dozen day tripers. So its difficult for Chris to organise as the turn out is relativly small, and people can't allways commit early.

Obviously with the venue at Spean Bridge due to being a bit more remote, its likely to attract less day trippers

Details on V11 & Buell Weekend July 2005, A Highland Fling

Hope to see you all there.