V11 & Buell Weekend July 2005

V11UK

I'm in the process of organising some Buell events for next year - one of which is a weekend in Scotland. Provisional dates are 15th/16th/17th July 2005. We'll be using a hotel/lodge near Spean Bridge, south of Loch Ness.

Fancy an air-cooled V-twin weekend set in great countryside? :bike:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be very tempted, but I would hate to push my luck. having got aproval to attend the GMC in september, a whole week away , I could get away with the UK V11 meet as well but not a third. especialy only a fortnight after the V11... but as i would be early shift on the friday and nights on the monday with weekend off. I feel a plan involving a single days of my leave entitlement.

If I had to commit to one at this stage. it would be the V11

If I drop the GMC I could probably do a couple or three additional uk ones :huh2:

If having two events close together causes problems with family etc. I'll just do the one. I've organised the place for the 15th/16th/17th July weekend in Scotland and this includes a 6-bed bunkhouse (@ approx. £15 per person per night) in addition to normal en-suite hotel rooms. The cut off date for bookings is end of February 2005 but I expect most available space will go very quickly once I put the details on the Buell web site - but before I do this, is this of interest to my fellow V11 owners? :mg:

I have to hang my head in shame here because I should have been at the last one this summer, but was in ireland at the last moment, so couldn't make it. Defineitely I,d be intersted.

I would also be starting out from Dublin this time so could hook up with anyone this side of the water on the way.

mind you , I saw some of Belfastguzzi's photos of the trip, and at 34 I think maybe I 'm not old enough.

I suppose I could make the tea or something....

(Would some kind person with more technical ability :blush: link these details to the German V11 Sport web site)

Details for this event are as follows:

Friday 15th to Sunday 17th July 2005

Special rates for this particular weekend are:

£60 per room/per night for double/twin en-suite

£40 per room/per night for single en-suite

Also available is a bunkhouse @ £16 per bed/per night:

2 rooms with 2 beds (1 set of bunk beds)

1 room with 6 beds (3 sets of bunk beds)

All rooms in the bunkhouse are en-suite with shower facilities. They are only serviced at the end of your stay and do not include towels.

Breakfast is £5 per person :food: .

The whole of the hotel complex is 'reserved' for our group. Please book direct with the hotel quoting 'Buell Group'. Cut off date for bookings is end of February 2005.

After this date the hotel will start accepting normal bookings. So book early to avoid....blah, blah

(These details have also been posted on the UK Buell owners web site)

And finally, good weather has been ordered :sun::bike:

Keith - do keep up! :D:D

Yes, it is instead of the 1st to 3rd July 2005. I posted about this further up the page.....

There's no camping at this location, but there may be a site nearby or in the village itself.

Its too early to decide which bike to use :huh2:

Done it

Leave and room booked for Friday and Saturday.

When I rang up The lady initally quoted £45 a night untill made clear was part of "Buell" group. So they might still be taking normal bookings.

I plan to break my journeys with overnight stays at my sisters at Penrith.

so would arrive early Friday and stay late on the Sunday

Its too early to decide which bike to use

Have Jane leave the Nevada and ride the other, that way you can swap as the mood takes you. (Jane permitting)

This weekend is shaping up nicely and its only November :) Should be a good cross-section of bikes attending - in addition to V11's and Buell's we will have a 916 and a Fireblade :bike:

Martin - Jane can't ride the S1 or the V11 - she's 'vertically challenged' so her feet won't reach the ground :(

Martin - Jane can't ride the S1 or the V11 - she's 'vertically challenged' so her feet won't reach the ground

No problem - If she doesn't stop - you just have to carry a mounting block, pick it up when she sets off and nip in front to place it as she arrives :P

I saw some of Belfastguzzi's photos of the trip, and at 34 I think maybe I 'm not old enough.

36662[/snapback]

don't you mean beautiful enough?

• 1 month later...