V11 & Buell Weekend July 2005

V11UK

If I can, I will go.

KB :sun:

53648[/snapback]

You've become very flexible, all of a sudden. All the rainwater getting to the brain?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be girls there but they're spoken for  :P - so you'll have to bring your own  :D.

I'm not sure how many V11 forum members are going - only myself and Martin Barrett?

We do, however, have a good number of MGCGB members and Buell riders going...

The weekend is informal  :drink:  :food:  but we do have various runs  :bike:  planned for the Saturday.

53644[/snapback]

Helen and I will be camping in the locality on the Friday night.

• 3 weeks later...
Helen and I  will be camping in the locality on the Friday night.

53686[/snapback]

Good news, but I think Antonio made it pretty clear that one girl won't be enough for him.

Are you going to a campsite near Spean Bridge, or camping 'rough'? If I can get over that direction I might stop at Glen Nevis for a night or two.

I dont think Antonio can afford my pimp fees!!

Slight change of plan- I found out today that have an operation lined up for 12th July which will stop me riding for three months afterwards, so myself and 2 mates are riding up to the Highlands this Sunday instead so I can have a last Guzzi blowout before being laid up for a while. Also blows out my plans to ride at the club trackday at Mallory on the 21st (ARSE!!).

I hope you guys have a great time at the V11 rally.

The campsite at Spean Bridge is a wee walk from the hotel if you intend to get bladdered.

Guy :helmet:

I AM COMING!!!

My friend and I have just made a booking. IJmuiden-Newcastle 14 July 2005.

Retour 17 July 2005. I hope I can make it…

Put the beer in the refrigerator already, and a lot!!!

I didn’t make any reservation to sleep. I hope some generous lady will propose it…

P.S. do you know guys if in the boat is some cord to bind the bikes fast somewhere???

look forward to meeting you Antonio.

Re the rope , It varies from company to company and even boat to boat. Ive used Stenna three time this last year each time has been varied

Harwich-Hook of Holland & return - Super Catameran - Box of ropes tie your own

Fishguard-Rosslarne - Super Ferry - Chap does it all for you uses ropes

Rosslarne-Fishguard - Small catameran - a padded strap with ratchets DIY

Not much help but the're bound to have something

I will traveller with DFDS Seaways. The lady on the phone has told me there will be tools on the boat to bind the bikes.

Well, I shall see.

How is the road from Newcastle to Spean Bridge?

What's the max speed on the main road?

Other roads? Do they have a speedcontrol camera in the UK?

I will traveller with DFDS Seaways. The lady on the phone has told me there will be tools on the boat to bind the bikes.

Well, I shall see.

55049[/snapback]

How is the road? It be twisty and hilly!

Max speed? Don't matter if you have Dutch plates- just go for it!

Speed controls? Don't worry! Too much paperwork for the local police if you have foreign plates!

Guest enz71
I'm in the process of organising some Buell events for next year - one of which is a weekend in Scotland. Provisional dates are 15th/16th/17th July 2005. We'll be using a hotel/lodge near Spean Bridge, south of Loch Ness.

Fancy an air-cooled V-twin weekend set in great countryside?  :bike:

36149[/snapback]

thiass souds brilliant i have a couple of mates who own buels they could be keen!

post-1483-1120049440_thumb.jpg

posted speed black numbers in a red circle , will have a repeater every 1/4 of a mile as a reminder except for 30mph where the fact it has lamp posts is enough. Some sneaky local authorities are posting simular signs but with a black circle and the words maximum speed on entry to villages to encourage you to drop a bit down from the national speed limits

The national speed limit white circle with a black diagonal for motorcycles are 70mph on dual carriageways 60mph on other roads.

Max speed? Don't matter if you have Dutch plates- just go for it!

Speed controls? Don't worry! Too much paperwork for the local police if you have foreign plates!

:!: Holds for cameras only :!: If you are stopped by a real Police officer he will have the option of arresting you and placing you before the next available court as your Dutch address is not suitable for service of a summons. There are no instant fines, can't take money off you in the street. So if thinks you need more than words of advice has only the one option. If you fail to stop and are caught you will be arrested.

This is the worse case senario just so you know.

If you are stopped by a real Police officer he will have the option of arresting you and placing you before the next available court as your Dutch address is not suitable for service of a summons. There are no instant fines, can't take money off you in the street. So if thinks you need more than words of advice has only the one option.  If you fail to stop and are caught you will be arrested.

55176[/snapback]

Whoops I nearly got you into trouble Antonio!!!

I'll come and visit you in jail!

:race:

Well, I shall see.

55049[/snapback]

If you give me a pm, we can discuss the numerous options open to you.

mike