V11 & Buell Weekend July 2005

V11UK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid it will be porridge and men where you are going, laddie!

55248[/snapback]

A BMW rally? :rolleyes:

Last call for this great weekend in Scotland. Just a few rooms left now so if you're the kind of guy/gurl who leaves it to the last minute - book now!

Good weather has been arranged :sun:

Last call for this great weekend in Scotland. Just a few rooms left now so if you're the kind of guy/gurl who leaves it to the last minute - book now!

Good weather has been arranged  :sun:

55770[/snapback]

How much Chris?

I am with a friend. And I have not a place to sleep.

It will be Friday night and Saturday night.

Plaese, let me know...

see you soon,

Antonio

How much Chris?

I am with a friend. And I have not a place to sleep.

It will be Friday night and Saturday night.

Plaese, let me know...

see you soon,

Antonio

55794[/snapback]

I think there are prices & phone numbers at the start of the thread.

Details for this event are as follows:

Friday 15th to Sunday 17th July 2005

Special rates for this particular weekend are:

£60 per room/per night for double/twin en-suite

£40 per room/per night for single en-suite 

Also available is a bunkhouse @ £16 per bed/per night:

2 rooms with 2 beds (1 set of bunk beds)

1 room with 6 beds (3 sets of bunk beds)

All rooms in the bunkhouse are en-suite with shower facilities. They are only serviced at the end of your stay and do not include towels.

Breakfast is £5 per person  :food: .

The whole of the hotel complex is 'reserved' for our group. Please book direct with the hotel quoting 'Buell Group'. Cut off date for bookings is end of February 2005.

After this date the hotel will start accepting normal bookings. So book early to avoid....blah, blah

(These details have also been posted on the UK Buell owners web site)

And finally, good weather has been ordered  :sun:  :bike:

36731[/snapback]

There you go Antonio :thumbsup: . The Hotel's telephone number is shown within their web site: http://speanbridgehotel.co.uk The dial code for the UK from mainland Europe is 00 44.

The campsite at Spean Bridge is a wee walk from the hotel if you intend to get bladdered.

Guy  :helmet:

54959[/snapback]

Keith - Guy wrote this a few weeks ago, it sounds as though the campsite is pretty close.

Sadly, I wont be able to attend the rally( stop cheering at the back), so for any sassenachs returning home after with a couple of hours up their sleeve, here's a wee diversion that will relieve the tedium of the motorway and wont cost too much time.On the M74 south of Glasgow, take the Lanark exit A72. follow the road down the Clyde valley, through Lanark and on to Biggar. Take the turn off for Broughton, then right towards Moffat. Just before Tweedsmuir, watch out for a sign that says Tala / Fruid. Follow this wee road up through the hills past the reservoirs til you emerge at theA708 Selkirk/ Moffat road, turn right so St Mary's Loch is on your left. About a mile along or so, visit the Tibbie Sheils Inn on the left, where Walter Scott used to hang about, then on past the grey mares' tail ( a big waterfall) into Moffat, and back onto the M74 south. Well worth it, tho why I'm sharing details of one of my favourite roads with you scruffy lot escapes me. Have fun. :race:

Thanks to Chris for organizing the weekend. I had a great time.

I was a bit anti social as I wanted to do my round Britain check points so set of early and got back mid evening. But was able to remake old acquaintances with Chris and Jane, and meet Antonio and his friend Dennis. Though I had met them briefly on the road before turning off towards a check point.

IMG_0060.jpg

I didn't really speak with any of the Buell riders till I was setting off Sunday morning. So I might crash their local meeting at Duxford to make amends.

The hotel bar seemed to be the local nightlife hot spot. So became noisy and not conducive to talking. But did mean I turned in at a reasonable time so was able to make a good early start the following day.