Cycle World Review-SCURA

Guest Scura Owner

Guest Scura Owner

In the August edition of Cycle World there is a road test on the Scura. They report dyno results of 75.9 hp and 63.0 lbs-ft. The also report a 1/4 mile time of 12.18 at 109.34 mph and a top speed of 134 mph. They qot an average of 36 mpg. They liked the bike but their major beef was with the rear end being too harsh. They felt that the ohlins shock had too much compression damping. They sent it out to have it revalved. But still were not completely satisfied. They stated that got the fork to work without surgery. However as usual, Cycle World did not provided the suspension setting they used.

Also in the mag was a "Long-Term Wrap-up" article on their V11 Sport.

Interesting read.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnInNH

:D I'm glad I did not spend the extra $ for the SCURA, and got the regular Le Mans.

There is not a lot of good press on the suspension "Upgrade" I think the stock set up is stiff enough. I think the front is a little to stiff, but I like the rear a lot. I run the front 3 clicks stiffer than the lowest setting for both C and R

I had the chance to get a Tenni also, but decided it was not worth the extra $. Plus I really like the "Eddie Bauer" version B) (Champaign) as it is more low key, and does not scream GIVE ME A SPEEDING TICKET. :o

It also matches my VW TDI !

Guest Oliver

Hi there,

this posting is not, because I own one of these beauties :P

In Germany there were several road tests made with the Scura. Each magazine comes to the conclusion that the Öhlins are phantastic ... but ... only if they are adjusted correctly.

The factory settings are indead a bit stiff, but I like it. I tried several other settings, but came back to the factory settings.

Greeting from Hamburg, Germany

Guest jimjib

Its not the settings...the valving is way off and I think the spring is to light...at least for my 210 lbs.