New GuzziGrrl!

Guest blingbling*

Guest blingbling*

Hey there forum peeps!

Finally, after checking out this site for about half a year I've decided to join in on all the witty banter going on here!

Bought my 03 Silver V11 Sport on Ebay seven months ago. I was really lucky and bought it from a guy in L.A who had been given it as a present from his grandfather...got an amazing deal on it.

It had 400 miles on it and was in perfect condition. Rode it all the way up highway 1 back to S.F, mindblowing scenery.

Since then had the timing cover gasket blow whilst blasting over the Bay Bridge (.. hmm.. the back end feels kinda slippery...very exciting indeed..). Then get to work to find the lower part of the bike covered in oil. WoooHooo!

Well, I'm still alive, and apart from the engine bubble and crack syndrome, shitty matt grey tailpiece paint, and speedo cable problem, I am totally in love with the thing almost 5000 miles later.

This is my second Guzzi, I had a V50 about ten years ago and loved that one too. This my eighteenth bike, I've been riding since I was sixteen.

I'm a tattoo artist and moved here from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, seven monthsjavascript:add_smilie(%22:mg:%22) ago, although I am actually from London. I'm loving the Bay Area and there's some great riding here.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself and say that this site has been invaluable for insight and advice about my bike and I really appreciate it.

Ride Safe,

Roxx* :mg:

Welcome to the site, and welcome to the neighbourhood. Got mine in Feb of this year, and just clicked over 5200 miles last weekend. It definitely is getting smoother and more enjoyable with the miles.

Cheers, Tim

:thumbsup: Welcome!

Glad to hear you like the Sport. Just think of the oil incident as lubricating the bearing in the rear drive that didn't get any grease at the factory. Yeah, that's it. It was maintenance, not a gasket blowout.

J

Guest blingbling*

Everybody thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, that's it. It was maintenance, not a gasket blowout.

jrt...that's what I've been telling myself since the incident... :!:

antonio...Jij bent en gekkie! :P

robbiekb...I'm sure I'll make it down there sometime, and will for sure g'ya a shout! :bike:

helicopterjim..."peeps" is short for "people"...think I picked that up in Scotland...no Guzzi tattoos yet..maybe one day, when i've forgotten about the timing gasket incident...hee hee

Post a picture when you get yours and show us, yeah? :moon:<_<<_<

oh no.... not someone else with Scottishisms :)

i'm Scottish and being that the last world cup success we had was probably when archie gemmel scored against holland in 78, it might go some way to explaining why i like my v11 so much!

Mine come from spending Christmas and Hogmanay on a farm outside of Peebles. I fell in the burn while walking/staggering from 'hoose tae hoose'. Next morning my Uncle asks me "Who's yer heed, Laddie". I didn't have a clue what he was saying.

It was one of the best holidays I've ever had.