Help!!! Am I doing the right thing?

rcono

Help! I am in the process of buying a Rosso Corsa. I love the bike and I found one from a dealer in Santa Ana called Orange County Motorcycles, also known as Orange County Triumph. Does anyone know about this dealer? Has anyone had any bad or negative experiences? Are they reputable? I live here in Atlanta and I will be having the bike shipped out. Can anybody help me if they know of the dealer and could possibly check the bike out for me, i.e. scratches, blemishes and anything that would cause concern to a new buyer. I would be greatly indebted. If you could, please indicate to me here at this post or you can email me directly at www.RCono@bellsouth.net. The store is located in Santa Ana at 3001 South Main Street. In all fairness, my dealings so far have been terrific. However, I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing in dealing with this shop. The bottom line is that I'd like a stress-free purchase, as much as that is possible under the circumstances. Thanks all for your help. RCono

I have been there, and know several people who swear by them for Victory bikes (that's actually how I know about them). THey have had their share of issues like any dealer, but they were good to me and I was just visiting, picking up and returning a friends bike I was borrowing for the week.

If for some reason it doesn't work out, I believe there is one a little closer here in Winchester, VA.

I'm deleting this topic in 24/7 because it's cross posted in three forums (technical topics, member intro and 24/7). RCono- good luck with the bike, but you need some beta blockers, dude. It'll be fine...chill :xmas:

Jason

Help! I am in the process of buying a Rosso Corsa. I love the bike and I found one from a dealer in Santa Ana called Orange County Motorcycles, also known as Orange County Triumph. Does anyone know about this dealer? Has anyone had any bad or negative experiences? Are they reputable?

38225[/snapback]

Howdie:

OCT has a decent rep; the only complaints I've heard about them is in re: their service bay taking too long to perform warrantee services [ie: cash repairs go to the head of the line; service that requires collection from the manufacturer to the back... :doh: ]

Who're you dealing with? Nathan is a nice enough guy, but has a short memory [quoted me different prices on the same Bike; only a couple hundred $, but still... :blink: ] I haven't met him, but according to one of the sister stores in the chain [OCT is part of a very large "group" of dealerships all over the southland, run as separate entities by the same principal owner. Sorry, don't know much more than that, but it is part of how they can offer such great deals: big buying power, don'cha know...], Mickey is the man to talk to at OC Triumph.

Best o' luck! Wish I had the ducats for that Rosso Corsa! :P:

FWIW, OCT was where I got scooped on the Le Mans Tenni by person(s) unknown [may they never crash it, lucky dog(s) that they are... :moon: ] in my member profile...

THanks to all of you for your help. Obviously when you're sending money and it doesn't seem as if you have any recourse if something goes amiss, one is apt to get nervous. I do have one comment. I would seem the minute that I started looking around for the Rosso Corsa, it seemed as if all the dealers talked to each other. My local dealer in Altanta seemed to match the price in Santa Ana and, in fact, he called me to make sure that I was "really looking". He didn't get any information from any of my friends so it would lead me to believe that the dealers do talk to one another or at least read the boards. In any case, I am chillin' and looking forward to future posts and readings on this site. As an avid motorcyclist and owner of an BMW R1100RT, I know the value of a good support site. Anyway, soon I'll be a part of the family. Thanks again for all your help. RCono.

:race: One mention..I did try to go through Atlanta Ducati initially however, I was told that they couldn't get one at the time hence the reason for my looking elsewhere. That said I'm happy I'm buying it from them, they're a good bunch of guys. They all ride and know that's basically what we all want to do. So all in all I'm happy...not to mention I'm a real believer that you should do all you can to help your local shop. Let's face it who you gonna call when you need a fix.

I would seem the minute that I started looking around for the Rosso Corsa, it seemed as if all the dealers talked to each other. My local dealer in Altanta seemed to match the price in Santa Ana and, in fact, he called me to make sure that I was "really looking". He didn't get any information from any of my friends so it would lead me to believe that the dealers do talk to one another or at least read the boards.

38332[/snapback]

Or, perhaps the message to be drawn is that, when all dealers are on a level playing field. as I believe is the case here, the final number from one dealer is not far from what another can offer.

There is 1 uncrated Rosso Corsa available from MGNA in the US right now.

There is no "network" between dealers.

The only dealer we have talked with on a regular basis is no longer a dealer.

We are friendly/congenial with a number of dealers around the country.

Before I got "chummy" with a few certain dealers, I'd slap 'em hard for telling people

said dealer cannot handle an engine case replacement for bubbling paint,

and suggesting a dealer over a 1500 miles away. Thanks, pal.

If you can't build a motor, hang it up. :mg:

Glad you decided to go local.

Enjoy the new bike-- :bike:

I predict your "Legendary motorcycle of Germany" will soon be collecting dust at a phenomenonal rate. :lol:

One mention..I did try to go through Atlanta Ducati initially however, I was told that they couldn't get one at the time hence the reason for my looking elsewhere. That said I'm happy I'm buying it from them, they're a good bunch of guys. They all ride and know that's basically what we all want to do. So all in all I'm happy...not to mention I'm a real believer that you should do all you can to help your local shop. Let's face it who you gonna call when you need a fix.

There is a meeting Wednesday night at the Vortex. Would be a good place to find some local Guzzi riders. I cut and pasted this from the Wildguzzi board.

Who: You, etc.

What: Georgia Moto Guzzi Monthly Meeting (December)

When: 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, 8 December 2004. Weather is looking to be mighty fine: http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/lawn/local/30307?lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&lswe=30307

Where: The Vortex Bar & Grill, 438 Moreland Avenue, (Little Five Points, Inman Park) Atlanta, Georgia, 30307; 404.688.1828 http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/TheVortex/index.htm As usual, if ejected, we may move down the street to the Brewhouse or elsewhere in area. If you don't find us at the Vortex, look around; we'll be illegally parked on the sidewalk somewhere nearby.

Why: No known program. Everyone is sick to death of my Motorimessa stories (but I have more!). If tattoohottie is tending bar, I'll get a spycam shot with my phone. Some new local owners will likely come to show off their Guzzis. Lipitor or Zocor required if over 40; best burgers in the South.

How: You aren't serious, are you? Cages permitted only for those with a doctor's certificate.

Bill Hagan

Inman Park, Atlanta

My Guzzis tink; therefore I am

98 V11 EV (hotdog & mustard) 60K

04 V11 Ballabio (red) 13K

http://home.earthlink.net/~wrhagan/mg/