New Lemans seat

RichMaund

That's my seat that Rich Maund has displayed in a picture at the beginning of this thread. High quality and high comfort. It has made a big difference, especially on longer rides. I highly recommend Rich Maund for seat work. He is easy to deal with, fair, no surprises, provides quick turn around and has a great product with exceptional value. What a deal!

So get that new seat NOW before riding season starts. "Your ass will thank you."

Joe Hutchens

Thanks Joe!

And I want to thank everyone here for all the interest in my work. I came home today to so many seat inquiries on my computer, many from this Board, that not only will I NOT be seeking a part time job in Jan., I'm going to have to go tomorrow to my supplier and stock up on some materials. I'll be picking up a fresh hide of thick 3 oz. black leather for those tool pouches as well!

Thanks Folks! I do appreciate all the support!

Everyone has said nice things about Rich's seats so I'll prove the opposite POV. I don't have one of Rich's seats and regret that situation. A while ago I was torn between one of Rich's seats and a Corbin. Between the fact that I couldn't get a chance to sit on Rich's seat before the cover was made (we are on opposite coasts) and I can ride to Corbin's place and the fact that I have been using Corbin seats for almost two decades I had Corbin make me a seat.

The Corbin is better than sock but it isn't great. The shape of the Corbin seat is OK but it feels (and weighs about the same as) like a well shaped rock covered in basket-weave leather/ vinyl. The Corbin seems like it is built for a super sport bike, besides being hard it has a distinct crown and is very (too) easy to move around on. This works really well for a few times I am really pushing my bike in the twisties. Rich's seats are (from what I have seen) flat, that should work better for anything but very aggressive riding. That means about 98% of the time I'd rather be sitting on Rich's seat. I think I'd rather work a little harder 2% of the time and enjoy a more comfortable seat the other 98% of the time. If I had it to do over again I'd use Rich.

On another note, I don't know much about the Guzzi seats referred to as being "like a PWC" I can tell you the seats on PWC are junk. I work on search and recovery (on and under water) team that uses PWC as tools for certain situations. These seats are horrible, spill a little gas or other "hot" chemical and the "cover" melts, leaving a rust colored mess and the foam exposed. Leave the PWC out in the sun and the "cover" cracks, exposing the foam. Not long later the foam (and therefore the seat) is junk. In both cases you are looking at a new seat. Since our PWCs are loaned by the manufacturers we just get a new seat, you'd have to pay for the new seat. If I knew a bike I was looking at had a seat like that I'd include the price a new seat in my plans, they suck. :angry:

Finally: Rich, I'm glad to hear you got a load of work. That way you will be in business the next time I need a seat. Yes, I'm just another selfish clod. :blush:

Best Regards,

Lex

Lex

Thanks man! I could build a seat and ship it to you prior to covering it. It'll cost you some more time and shipping. But I'm happy to work with folks that way. That way after trying it uncovered, I can make any little changes you want before the cover gets tailored and installed! For some folks, this is the best way to go.

I tried to get the leather today, but my supplier not only closed for the Christmas holiday, they're gone 'till Jan. 3rd! I guess I'll head back next week.

I got an order in today for some sidecar work that will keep me hopping for an entire week! Cool stuff to build too! I love projects like this! Jan. is loking really good.

As an aside, I may be changing internet servers very soon. I bought a month on Netzero to try them out and like them so far. Only $9.95 a month. My local company's connection has been hit and miss for the last year. They have had other minor disasters strike as well that has affected their service. (Direct lightening strike in July, they got hacked and became an involuntary spammer. So now some servers still refuse e-mail from them! I could go on... <_ i almost hate to switch as we been with them for five years. but netzero is over a month less expensive and seems work better than pinnacle of va. beach. if you see me posting new address after years know switched>

Have a Happy New Year folks! I know I will. Heck, my bathroom remodeling is almost done too! :bier: I did all the grout work today and have the blisters to prove it.

Thanks Jaap! I much prefer to be busy and productive. Keeps my mind off my aches and pains (My legs were crushed in a wreck almost ten years ago so I have plenty of hurts!). Today is sunny and mildly warm. 50's. feels like a Spring day!I've been cleaning the shop, my truck, gearing up to do the three Guzzi seats I have out there to rebuild. (I'll start those this afternoon. I can't ship until Tuesday anyway as I need to get that leather here Monday.) I spent 15 minutes just standing in the sun shine on my driveway talking to my wife on the cell phone. That felt good! I'll be working hard and riding this New Years weekend. We have a all brand bike meet tomorrow that should be a fun few hours and Sunday morning we have our monthly Guzzi Breakfast that I have hosted for the last eight years. So when I'm not riding my bike, I'll be working on them. And that's fine by me! :D:luigi:

Here's wishing a Happy New Year to all of you out there too! :drink:

And thank God I finally finished our bathroom shower stall! It gets "christened" tomorrow. It's the sixth bathroom I have had to rebuild over the years. I did all of them in ceramic tile. Kind of like upholstering a wall, but much more brittle and dusty. :P