Difference?

Guest Fox

fearing and maybe headlight. clipons on to of the fork legs mounted.

First Ohlins model was the scura, followed in 2003 by the corsa rossa and cafe sport.

39344[/snapback]

Does the V11 Sport have the link pipe? The LeMans seems to ...

If you are talking about the cross over up front, they did not put that on any of the spine frames until 2003

39372[/snapback]

I'm talking about the exhaust crossover where the the 2 exhaust pipes are linked. The Sport does not have it, the Lemans does.

Ok so excuse my ignorance but what is a spine frame? And does this mean the V11 LeMans has one but the V11 Sport does not?

They are both spine frames. All recent sports are spine frames.

The 'modern' Guzzi names go like this:

loop frame: 67-74 bikes, so named because the frame loops under the cylinders and around and up the back. Real swoopy and cool looking. Kind of wambly, but a lot better than anything else of it's time.

tonti frames: 74--> so named because the frame was designed by Lino Tonti (sp?). Looks a lot like the loop except more angular and the lower rails unbolt from the upper frame truss. Really good, but heavy. Very stiff. but heavy. still in use today on the California line.

spine frame ~93 or 94 -->. so named because they use a big-ass square 'spine' that runs down between the cylinders as the frame. No lower rails, the engine is used as a stressed member. Very stiff fore and aft, maybe not so much side to side (but it's better than I can feel). designed by either Dr. John or more likely Tony Foale.

Jason

I'm talking about the exhaust crossover where the the 2 exhaust pipes are linked. The Sport does not have it, the Lemans does.

Ok so excuse my ignorance but what is a spine frame? And does this mean the V11 LeMans has one but the V11 Sport does not?

39421[/snapback]

All of the V11 models have an exhaust crossover under the transmission linking both sides of the exhaust. Later models have two.

As of 2003(in North America, late 2002 in Europe) the V11 Sport models(Naked, LeMans, etc) added a "front" crossover in front of the alternator. The addition of this front crossover supposedly added some low-end grunt, but also had some mounting problems where it works loose. But a local guy on the forum made some special metal gaskets to fix that issue.

al

Fox, when you get your Guzzi bring it up to Bungendore for a visit and we can check that it's been pre-delivered correctly and I can probably point out some things that are worth fixing or checking. No charge, just interested in making sure that owners of new bikes are getting looked after.

Pete

Fox, when you get your Guzzi bring it up to Bungendore for a visit and we can check that it's been pre-delivered correctly and I can probably point out some things that are worth fixing or checking. No charge, just interested in making sure that owners of new bikes are getting looked after.

Pete

39538[/snapback]

Oh that's very nice of you Pete and rest assured that was going to ne my first stop. But folks like yourself are rare and I would insist on paying you something for your knowledge and experience.

I'll call you when I have the bike and make an appointment.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies and info.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you all the best for 2005!

Charlie.