Ghezzi and Brian Muffler

dlaing

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl posted:

Looks like the Ghezzi Brian "cross over" (muffler?) is about $515 USD. At least I think "marmitta" (stock-pot according Alta Vista) is what dlaing is looking for. http://www.eurobiketeam.com. You'll have to go to Guzzi Special Kits, click on the steering head bearing image, click on impiante di scarico and then look at the listings. The descriptions and prices are images, not text, so you can't search in the page.

This site has some neat stuff, but it is very difficult to navigate.

That may be it! The price if fair enough.

Hrmm, OK.... I know "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ... and I sincerely don't mean to question anyone's sense of style... but holy-cow!! ...that angular GB "quartz crystal" of a muffler is one ugly lump of metal! :lol: ...especially when compared with the curvacious styling of our V11 Sport/LeMans. It just seems to "clash" to me.

...or of course, maybe *I'm* the aesthetically challenged one! :rolleyes:

And anyway, seriously, who'd want to go from a beautifully sounding(and acceptably performing) dual-exhaust to a single side-exit on our bikes?? Unless you're racing or something for top speed/HP... and I just don't see that as the typical demographic for V11 Sport/LeMans owners(see the "age" poll if you're unsure :lol:).

Of course it's all a matter of personal taste, so no worries... and I don't mean to be negative, but I just couldn't let this one go:). Apologies in advance guys :P

al

I think it falls into the, its so ugly its beautiful, category. So I can relate to your comments.

Also, I wish they had made it a two into one into two set up. I kinda hate going deaf only in one ear.

I also have reservations about what it will do to the power curve.

But if they use this design on the Furia, it can't be too bad.

The apparent advantages are:

1) better crash resistance.

2) more luggage room.

3) more cornering clearance

4) no need to buy both crossovers and mufflers

5) less weight

6) Freakin' Trick lookin' dude! :helmet:

I emailed Ghezzi and Brian, so if they ever reply, I may be ordering one.

• 1 month later...

So did anyone go with the Ghezzi and Brian Muffler? I would like to know more about the unit. I think the Ghezzi Brian that was raced used this type muffler setup. I wonder how loud it is? I was thinking about buying a 02 Lemans for touring and thought this setup would be idea so I could easily lower the rear pegs for the wife and install luggage.

Thanks,

Mike

I got the pictures from a friend who has a ghezzi& brian and has contact with the factory. I do have another contact in italy, but he only can do it in italian, no english. But if your italian is good enough, mail:

funboy@inwind.it

another way is to mail Arnold Barnhart, the us ghezzi and brian importer

http://www.guzzisti.it/saloni_eventi/Padov...V11scarico2.jpg

the guzzisti page with the silencer on it.

I really like how clean the Scura looks without the mufflers and rear pegs! :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard the exhaust sound from a Ghezzi and Brian Furia? Would like to know how loud it will be before purchasing one. Agostini in Italy carries Ghezzi and Brian, I will email them. :bier:

Mike

Well, I sent Arnold Barnhart, ratdog@airmail.net an email.

Asking for Price, Power, and Noise information.

This is going to knock some serious weight off my bike!

Or, allow room for the biggest saddle bags you ever saw

:D

Here is the information that I got about the Ghezzi and Brian muffler.

I think it is a fair price considering that it essentially replaces over $1000 worth of parts.

This muffler should increase cornering clearance, be crash resistant, greatly increase luggage room, eliminate passenger leg burns, allow for extended passenger pegs, save weight, AND be the trickest product to POSE with!!!! I know we are not poseurs, but it is still pretty cool!

I just wrote my check and now only have to go to work and print this out and put it in the mail.

Thanks Paul M. for refering me to Arnold, and thanks Arnold for the quick response!

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:49:31 AM US/Pacific

To: Dlaing

Subject: Re: Muffler for V11S

Reply-To: ratdog@airmail.net

Dear David,

The muffler for the v-11 is 800 dollars plus shipping to your door. The

muffler is louder than the stock units but not excessively. I do not have

any charts on the hp and torque curves, but according to customers that

have already bought it, there is a definite increase. They tell me that it

pulls better from the bottom and that the typical flat spot at 4 grand is

much smoother. You may have to re-work your mapping after installation,

since I have no idea if your bike is stock or has modifications. If you

are interested in the muffler, send a check for 800 dollars to

Geographic Services, Inc

500 Windmere Circle

Corinth, TX 76210

214-727-0148 cell number

The muffler will be sent to you COD as per your instructions

Thanks

Arnold Barnhart

Territory Manager

Ghezzi Brian Motorcycles

ww.ghezzibrianracing.com

Bravo for you!I was hoping to be the first to get one,but money talks as they say.I took the wrong route and keep trying to get a reponse from dealers in Italy.From my calculationsit was $553.00 Lire to Dollars

We will all be anxious to see what the impression is with this new muffler.

From the pictures of the Fura it looks like a work of art,from the other pictures I've seen,it looks like a lump of metal.

Keep us posted :P <_

J.R.