Ghezzi and Brian Muffler

dlaing

Yes, Bravo for mio!

However, they do not have them in stock. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

I imagine the muffler will look great when new, but whatever type of metal that is, looks like it will turn color.

hhmmmm....how about Red Ceramic Coating!

nah, I am too conservative.

If it discolors I may do it in Black, Grey, or Silver.

Does anyone out there have a Power Commander Map for this Muffler?

I'll dyno tune it, but It is good to get it close...

Yeeehoooo! :bike:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Furia Muffler is a little prettier.

G&B is selling many parts online now.

see:

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/ITA/Tuning_da_index.htm

You can practically turn your V11sixspeed into a furia! Or atleast get the OZ wheels, perimeter brakes,(fork modification required) under tranny muffler, furia headlights, and wind screen.

You can also get the frames, but I believe they are made for the five speeds.

This looks like an interesting exhaust, but personally I'll stick with nice, relatively conservative aftermarket slip-ons. So if anyone wants to get this and would like to sell their used Mistrals, Staintunes, etc. for my brand new '02 LeMans, drop me an email at mstamm@earthlink.net

• 2 weeks later...

My Quat-D Muffler arrived yesterday!!!

I'll have to wait till the weekend to put it on.

So I should have a seat of the pants report by Monday.

If I can figure out my digital camera, I should also be able to send mpegs with sound.

The finish and quality of build appear to be excellent. It appears to be made of stainless steel. I guess they sand or bead blast it to give the finish that is accurately depicted on Jap's accessory page. It almost looks like a ceramic coating.

You can see indentations where they apparently spot welded the baffles into the muffler.

There is no way to rebuild the muffler, unless you torch it apart.

I am impressed! It is truly a work of art.

The real test will be to see if it holds up to oxidation. The picture of it mounted to a bike on Jap's accessory page seems to show some ugly surface oxidation. Road salt can do that to a bike.

I am hoping for the color to match the stock pipes. Arnold Barnhart suggested that I clean it with denatured alcohol before firing it up, so that finger prints and grease are not embedded into the initial burning in. Sounds like good advice to me. We shall see. :pic:

Hey David,

If you send it up my way, I could cut it open to find out how the baffles are made. Then I could make one for myself. :bier:

Cleaning it with alcohal would be a good idea. I had a staintune exhaust system on my BMW and finger prints would show up once the engine was fired up.

You should take a ride up to Ojai to show the boys this weekend. I should be there weather permitting. I would like to see it, fondle it and hear it in person. :lol:

Mike

Thanks Paul,

I found his image under "friends"

His bike looks great! I love the combination of your tail piece, no fender, and no slip-ons!

I installed my muffler today.

It took about three hours with a gear oil change. I went slowly and carefully.

Now that I know what I am doing it will probably take about an hour to take it off and change the gear oil.

The muffler seems to weigh about half as much as the stock crossover and the two mufflers, all together.

The bike feels lighter.

The narrow look from the rear is sexxxy. :wub:

I am on cloud nine :):PB):wub::sun::xmas::mg::thumbsup:

The muffler sounds great! It is just a little louder than stock, which is just what I wanted.

The note is bellisimo!

When taking left hand curves the sound reverberates off the road.

Rights are quieter from the riders perspective.

Performance wise, the hole at 4500 rpms appears to be gone.

My immediate impression is that the power band is about the same, otherwise.

I hope to get it dyno tuned soon to compare it to Jack Price's Stock Dyno result.

Absolute numbers might not be good for comparison, but variations in the curves may give an idea of what the muffler did to the power output.

:bike:

Mark Taylor! If you are reading this, and our interested in a power commander map, let me know. It may take me many weeks to get around to dynoing it, but I will of course share the map.

I still have to figure out how to record the sound with my digital camera....

Glad to hear such a positive report.I'm jealous! :P

When I save up my pennies,that is my next upgrade.

I'm curious as to the added results of a cross over near the

front exhaust ports as on the newer models.

Good luck,and happy riding :)

J.R.

Hi All

Ive just seen the pics of Marks bike,wow it looks total class.The tailpiece is absolutely perfect .The g&b exhaust could possibly do with a colour change but it makes the rear end of the bike look uniquely uncluttered.Congrats on a great looking V11.

Regards

Martin[Martenni] :mg::thumbsup: