Ghezzi and Brian Muffler

dlaing

Hi guys,

I can't seem to open any of the attached photos to admire dlang's work of art. <_<

Can any one help with this,or post pictures an admitted computer illiterate can see. :(

J.R. :unsure:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi J.R.

Dlaings files are not photos but movies. You have to have a movie player installed like Windows Media Player or Quicktime Movieplayer to view these files. If you have Windows 98 or later the Windows Movie Player is installed (I think...). Depending on your internet connection speed i.e. dial-up/ADSL/Cable, it will take some time to download the files so that they can be viewed. Good luck!

If you want to see a picture of Mark Taylors G&B muffler go here: V11 Friends

Jaap

Here is a photo. I expect the muffler to match the color of the pipes after a few more rides.

The .avi movie has much better sound quality than the .mov movie. The .mov makes the sound metallic.

qd.jpg

Hi David,

I really like the sound of the muffler! And it cleans up the rear too! Maybe something to consider with my next few paychecks... ^_^

I have Windows Media Player installed.Maybe I got impatient and didn't wait long enough to download. :huh:

J.R.

Guest Brian Robson

It looks like someone has welded a bedpan on the bottom of a Moto Guzzi!!

I may be the only dissenting voice on this pipe, but I prefer the look of 1-2 tailpipes on a motorcycle and it doesn't appear to sound much different from stock

I'm witholding judgement until I see one in person. It looks a little weird to me as well, but maybe (probably) the picture doesn't do it justice.

Time for dinner! :food:

sorry...had to do that.

Cheers,

Jason

It looks like someone has welded a bedpan on the bottom of a Moto Guzzi!!

Well I just think I found a way to keep my transmission from leaking on the ground! :mg:

Now I just need $800. bucks to order one!

Mike

The cool thing is that it keeps the dripping oil off the reat tire, but the oil hits the ground after you put it on its side stand.

:lol:

I am thinking that for the next gear oil change I'll just let it drip down off the muffler or maybe put a paper funnel to guide it to the drip pan.

I understand the look is not for everyone. I'll post another picture in about a month. the color of the muffler should match the pipes by then. I am only riding on weekends.... :(

I really wish that I had gotten a "before and after sound" capture to give a more accurate indication of the sound. It is not much louder than stock, but it is bellissimo!

What I like is how the sound feels like it is coming from the engine rather than behind the bike.

I do think that one can get more power out of a pair of Mistrals, but I need to dyno the bike to be more certain. I tweaked the power commander one notch leaner and got better response where I thought I may have been losing power, so a remap will make a difference.

Also, I am overdue for a throttle body balancing, so perhaps I will create a new sound file then!

Great minds think alike. I didn't like the taillight either. Nice wheels. And a wave rotor on the rear, but not on the front. Different.

I'm still not certain I like the looks of the exhaust. At first, I thought it looked hideous. Now it just looks industrial. The overall effect on the bike is kind of striking though. Especially if you wanted to mount some huge hard bags on the bike.

My opinion is still in a formative stage as well :mellow:

Like Carl, I thought the muffler was a poor match for the flowing lines of the V11 Sport/LeMans, but looked at home on the more angular GB bikes. Now I'm less extreme in my opinion, but I'm still not sure...

It certainly looks to be a quality piece of work though, and there's no doubt that it's utilitarian :thumbsup:

I suspect it will grow on me though, as I don't mind the under-frame exhaust on Buells.... for example. I think I might like it better if it had twin exhaust outlets.

It's certainly different :)

al