Ghezzi and Brian Muffler

dlaing

Hi David

Hows it going with the G&B exhaust are you still happy with it.I am going to borrow a pair of mistrals off a friend who has dropped his Scura they will probably sound great[the ones i fitted on my Centauro did] but if they dont sit evenly on both sides i wont want them, the G&B exh might be the only answer.

Regards Martin :mg::thumbsup:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaap

I use the Mistral X-over. Midrange-dip is gone. I got the mufflers from TLM The sell Lameroni(=Mistral). You could also opt for the Stucci X-over. More top power and better quality than Mistral.

BTW: Did you check out the FAQ section on mufflers? Lots of info there.

Hey

i got a reply to my price enquiry from a local supplier for the G&B EXH only £995 ,so that idea is out of the window being an Englishman means haveing rip me off written on my forehead laugh.Ok wheres my drill im gonna put some holes in my exhaust and save a grand.

regards Martin :(:not::bbblll:

If you order direct in italy, you can get it for 522 euro, your local dealer rips you off!!!

If you want it, goto

www.firestartergarage.it

And tell Filippo you got it from me. He is not so good in english, so keep it short.

Hey Martin,

I am loving the muffler.

I suppose I would also love a pair of Mistrals.

At the Prescott Rally it got a fair amount of attention. Most people liked the sound. A few were silent, so they may have thought it odd, and one person said it sounded tinny. But I disagree.

You would definately need a power commander to get the Quat-D muffler working properly. My fuel consumption is now about 2MPG (US) worse and the plugs are a bit darker. The bike pops a bit on deceleration and at light throttle loads especially at lower rpms it sputters.

So I suspect it is both too rich and too lean at different map positions.

I trust that a new map will fix it.

I suspect the power will be pretty close to stock with just the hole filled in.

It does seem to take a little longer to get up to an indicated 120MPH, so it may be lacking a little power at about 6-7000rpm.

But my air filter is 17 months old....

I plan on getting an open airbox lid and dyno tuning.

I will keep you posted.

Hi David

Thanks for the reply it seems that what ever i do to the exhaust,im gonna need a pc so it might make more sense to buy that first.In a couple of weeks my employer will be giving me a laptop that is designed to plug into car diagnostic sockets to interigate the ecu for faults etc i may be able to do a remap of the bikes ecu with it so possibly that will be preferable to the power commander especialy at uk prices.

I have tried to download your movie files but my aol media player pops up and no download, :food: thanks again.

Regards Martin :thumbsup::mg:

• 3 weeks later...

Last week, I put the zero map on my PCIII and it runs a little better!

Just got the FBF airbox kit today. Thanks FBF! It comes pre oiled and the aluminum bracket looks pretty stout. Also got their brake pads for the front.

I will try to find time to install the air filter this weekend.

If it is too loud than I will go with ram air.

And then hit the dyno next month!!!!

Got the air filter in today. A little more kick of accelleration. A little pinging at about 4000-5500 rpm. Still running Zero map.

I suspect the HP peak will be over 8000RPM.

Here is a shot showing how the color is starting to match. You can still tell the Quat-D is a sand blasted finish while the pipes are brushed.

It would be a good idea to make a rear fender extender to keep the crud off the muffler.

qdgb.jpg

Hi David

glad to hear that you are still pleased with the muffler thx for keeping us updated,do u think the fbf air filter would work ok with standard ecu and no pc.

Regards Martin

Tenni 165 :thumbsup:

old 950 :luigi:

Hi David

glad to hear that you are still pleased with the muffler thx for keeping us updated,do u think the fbf air filter would work ok with standard ecu and no pc.

Regards Martin

Because it started pinging after putting in the FBF open lid kit, I would have to say that re-mapping be it with ultimap or PCIII, is a necessity.

If you only got the BMC filter and did not open the airbox, there would probably not be a problem.

According to Todd at Guzzitech, the K&N in the stock airbox and the stock filter require the same map.

From what I understand, if you cut holes in the airbox lid or get the FBF kit, the bike runs leaner.

My bike is still rideable, but I have to be conservative with the throttle in the mid range rpms.

Next weekend, I will enrich the mid range, by buttons or map.

Guest Jaap
Thanks for the reply it seems that what ever i do to the exhaust,im gonna need a pc

I have Mistral X-over and oval carbons. Runs fine without PC... Only let the dealer adjust it, that's all.