Lower shock mount breakage??????

Dirtybill

I don't want to cause false rumours or any panic but some guy who claims he works in a British Guzzi shop posted a pic of a lower shock mount that's broken. There's corrosion around it and it supposedly is 18 months old. He hasnt said anything about customer abuse so I assume there wasnt any.

Anyone heard about or experienced this? On a V11 Sport.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's Martin's bike. The shop employee says he works about 70 miles outside of London. He mentioned the cracked header pipe also. This guy is an obnoxious twit and he and I don't get along, if you can't get on with someone on a forum? He constantly slags Guzzis and has shown his mechanical ineptitude on the Workshop part of the forum.

I've never seen the eyelet/mount on a rear shock break like that before. Strange.

he works about 70 miles outside of London. He mentioned the cracked header pipe also.

Sure sounds like mine gone to OnYerBike

shown his mechanical ineptitude on the Workshop

Not so good

QUOTE(Dirtybill @ Jan 13 2005, 01:20 PM)

.....some guy who claims he works in a British Guzzi shop posted a pic ...

Where?

KB 

Please put link to this

He hasnt said anything about customer abuse so I assume there wasnt any

This customer has one less thing to abuse now to get his kicks :D

Guest Brian Robson

Bill, who don't you get along with? The mechanic or Martin Barrett?

Please in future make your posts even harder to follow :P:P

Bill, who don't you get along with? The mechanic or Martin Barrett?

Please in future make your posts even harder to follow :P  :P

40929[/snapback]

I know Brian, tough for a Geordie to follow :P:P

The guy who I don't get along with works at a Guzzi and other makes dealer in the UK somewhere. I asked him if he's a Mechanic but got no answer. He likes to instigate any threads where the word Guzzi appears. I guess he thinks he's getting me wound up but frankly I don't care if he likes Guzzis or not.

He must be one of those Soft Southern Shandy Drinkers :bbblll:

So this is the only known shock breakage that's been known on this site? Hardly an epidemic, is it?

Then there's Suzuki, who amongst other things, got the oil holes the wrong size on some of their 1200 Bandits, resulting in massive oil consumption which they tried to deny was their fault :doh:

The guy who I don't get along with works at a Guzzi and other makes dealer in the UK somewhere.  I asked him if he's a Mechanic but got no answer. 

Then there's Suzuki, who amongst other things, got the oil holes the wrong size on some of their 1200 Bandits, resulting in massive oil consumption which they tried to deny was their fault :doh:

40944[/snapback]

Ahhh! There's where you made the mistake. You should of asked him if he was a 'Technician' :bbblll::bbblll::bbblll: Being thought of as a 'Mechanic' shows that you are a member of the 'Lower Orders' and contemptible whereas being a 'Technician' means that you have a forehead with a very high dome and a piece of paper that says you're allowed to charge three times as much as a 'Mechanic' :grin:. Personally I'd rather have my bike worked on by :thing:

As for Suzuki? I love their gearboxes. Works of art! But I had a huge fight last year with a 250 Bandit and hated every second of it :stupid::P:grin:

Pete

Hi Bill,

I am the "accused" from the dealer. I work as the service advisor and deal with all warranty issues etc.

I don't "slag" Guzzis. I speak as I find.

You have a long record of battles with me on the other forum, which is fine, but I don't appreciate your derogatory remarks regarding my fitness to do my job.

Here is the link to the relevant thread:

http://www.visordown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189248

I'm sure you will all see how objective Bill has been with regard to this, if you read it.

cheers.

:cheese:  :luigi:  :mg:  :moon:  :D

I make friends wherever I go :D

40983[/snapback]

I read the other thread, too. It reminded me of something you folks may like. It's from one of our actual comedians, acting always in early sold out houses. He speaks all of the persons himself, Dr.Goebel, Hartmut and his Alter Ego, Erwin Pelzig.

His last sentence says: "I just said, England is different"

Enjoy, it's not meant as an offence

(rename to mp3)

Edited by luhbo

Thank you MOtO for posting the link to the thread.

It wasn't pretty reading, having broken down to a personal slanging match. I'm glad that we don't do that here.

I have no issues with the Dealership or any of its staff, and belive that they will do their best for me.

To me the problem as always has been quality control over some of the parts fitted and assembly. Made worse by poor parts supply. As previously stated the basic design is sound and will go on for ever.

So this is the only known shock breakage that's been known on this site? Hardly an epidemic, is it?

On my original thread EXWTF posted to say his top eye had a crack. But you are right two failed shocks isn't nessecarily an endemic problem.

....I'm glad that we don't do that here....

I dunno Martin, it was kinda lively, & I miss ol Capn Nemo. I think Dumb Ape had it pretty well covered - this is a multi franchise dealer, they have no history with MG - so they just wait in line. Don't think Mr MOtO sees the difference between a Guzzi & a Honda - hey! they're motorcycles aren't they?

KB :sun: