luggage rack from Darth Maul

gallo_se

I read with a lot of interest and tried to contact Darth Maul to the e-mail adress listed, but it seems to be not existing any more. This is the link to the topic

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=581

It seems a very nice solution:

Is it possible to know more abouti it: if it is tough enogh for heavy loading, what kind of luggages fit on it, how much it would cost.

Is it the passenger comfortable with the new position of the foot pads?

He built his from SS tubing and had it coated dark to match the bike. It was made to use BMW bags. He triangulated it similar to how I did the rack on my old V11S. Mine was made from steel 1/2" tubing and would only deflect about 1/16" when you picked up the rear of the bike with the rack. So I would guess his system was quite strong. Triangulated structures, like Ducati frames and bridges and such, are very strong. I thought his system was really well done.

The bike's tailpiece keeps the rack system from tucking in real tight. Mine was quite wide with the Givi E360's installed. But that's the price of hard luggage that actually HOLDS something! If all you wish to carry is a rainsuit and a bag lunch, get a set of Corbin Beetle Bags. :bbblll:

These bikes were on the market for four years before the doofus's at Guzzi came up with a hard luggage system. (HB) A number of us had to build our own back then to get what we needed.

These bikes were on the market for four years before the doofus's at Guzzi came up with a hard luggage system. (HB) A number of us had to build our own back then to get what we needed.

Just think, there may already plans for hard luggage for the Breva 1100. First we get the current Breva 1100 (when, and if, we get it all), then a "naked" version, followed by the full up touring version. One assumes that a full up touring model along the lines of the "V11 GT" would have actual integrated hard luggage. I sure hope MG gets it together on this one this time...

If the frame of the Breva 1100 is not so diferent from the V11, we might think about using the hard luggages designed for the Breva 1100, they are very nice and big enough to store all the clothes girlfriends take with them during vacations.