Rosso Corsa on TV

Guzzirider

Hi guys,

ok the thread is a bit old ... ;-)

I have uploaded this video to my Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/janguzzi

It is really sad to read what happened to one of the moderators: John Henry Cantlie

Nice. Thanks!. Would it be possible to upload in the original aspect ratio (4:3)?

Side note: Rossa Corsas make me tingly... down there...

Hi Biesel, long time not see :)

Thx for the upload, and, yes, it's quite a sad story.

Besides that it's most satisfying to see such a lovingly made report about the Le Mans. I still remember that more than stupid MOTORRAD article where that annoying dumbhead rode it into the sunset, in 4th at silent 2.5k probably, driveling nonsense about clunky starters and clunky gears. Such an arsehole.

Dave you are right! The aspect ratio was wrong.

I have converted it to 4:3 (without losses) and I am uplaoding it right now (takes a while).

Looks much better now :grin:

I can recommend this software:

http://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/index.html

I would have probably used ffpmgX for that kind of stuff. But then again I don't know what you used to capture it with and what format the original was in. 

Hi Dave,

I have never captured this video. This was done by one of the forum members from the UK years ago.

In 2005 Ken ("kenr") sent me a DVD with a DivX file as far as I can remember... okay I couldn´t remember but the messenger here does :grin:

@ Luhbo:  :mg: Yes this is really a sad story. I was not aware of John´s abduction and being misused by IS. Maybe he is still alive.

Hopefully somebody has to pay to for all the suffering IS brought about humanity. They should all rott in hell.

Hi Dave,

I have never captured this video. This was done by one of the forum members from the UK years ago.

In 2005 Ken ("kenr") sent me a DVD with a DivX file as far as I can remember... okay I couldn´t remember but the messenger here does :grin:

Regardless it all worked. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the upload!  Especially since I own the same bikes, only off by one model year but basically the same bikes.  '02 LeMans, '03 Aprilia Haga Replica. 

I couldnt agree more with these two guys.

The LeMans steers slower, not as quick but just such a blast to ride. And the sound with carbon cans! 

The Aprilia takes a few miles to get comfortable on, much more aggressive riding position,  but accelerates like a rocket and steers much quicker and better brakes.

I keep telling myself I should sell the Aprilia due to age (64), and lack of use but just cant bring myself to place the ad.

Thanks again, very enjoyable.

Thanks for hosting the video, was a good watch.

I also had both bikes, a 2003 Naked and a 2008 Tuono, which is basically the unfaired version of the Ape with handlebars.

The Guzzi has sooo much more character and sounds infinitely better.

However, the "T" did everything better, loads more power, better braking and the handling was ridiculous.  The chassis on that bike was incredible, so stiff and never got upset from road imperfections.  The bike was a little odd at first because you really feel like you are siting on top of it whereas the V11 you are sitting in it. 

Tuono is gone now, just sold it last week.  Only one bike in the garage for now.

• Like 1

Only one bike in the garage for now.

Good choice. Although I'm sad you only have one bike.  :ninja:

Me too!  

Will add a second bike in a year or so.  Maybe an old school 70's Eldorado!

As soon as the prices come down to around 10k on used Thruxton R's, I will definitely have another bike.

I also had an Aprilia. A 2000 RSV Mille.

The Aprilia was like a doberman while the Guzzi is like a lovable Golden Retriever. Both nice but the Guzzi is more my style.

Thanks for posting the video  :mg: