V11 Le Mans touring accessories

biesel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the solution for more comfortable bars.Are they available through a company in Italy,or are they a one-off?I can't read Italian and it doesn't want to translate.

Has anyone heard or know of the Gezzi and Brian muffler availability?

Can it be ordered through them or a distributor?

What about horse power and torque.If it chokes up the exhaust it's not worth having,but if it gives better or the same performance it might be worth it.What about decible levels?

Some time ago,I tried to contact them and a company in Germany with the same style of muffler.The German seemed to think it just choked it down and no benefit of horse power.

Thanks Jim in NC

It's not an illusion Al,

bars.jpg

I took the size of the dash as measurement point but didn't get the camera angle exactly the same. But the modified bars are definitely wider. Nice solution BTW.

Regards,

Jaap, who loves messing about in Photoshop

Guest Phil/TX

What about the stock vibration isolation in the Le Mans, I could see these bars if I could fit the isolation in them? Much cleaner than other mods I have seen.

How many miles do you have on your V11 Phil? The reason I ask is that even with the relatively low mileage on my bike, around 4k, I've noticed the vibes abate quite a bit. And on a recent 2 day trip, it was definitely bearable.

From what I understand, as I put even more miles on the bike, it will continue to smooth out further. It's certainly not much worse right now than my old FJ1200 with 70k miles exhibited, so I don't know how it could get much better..... or that it's really that bad.

You may also want to double-check that your throttle-bodies are balanced, and that the bike is running in tip-top tune. Because if not, that has the potential to amplify any vibes quite a bit.

Just a thought :)

But no, I haven't seen any iso-bars or rubber-mounted solutions specifically for the V11 Sport/LeMans. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone could build one from other parts, etc... if there were a demand.

al

I have a set of rubber mounted bar clamps from a pre 2000 California and Jackal.Some parts are still on back order.I could have used other options,but these are in a rubber isolation mount to take care of the vibes.There is a guy here in town that has the same set up on his Sport and is very pleased with the results.I can't wait to get all the parts to see how it fits.

J.R.

Hi J.R.

How much up and how much back are the bars that are going on there? I just acquired a California-style bar clamp, and was going to install it. I don't have bars yet, though. Just eyeballing it, I would guess 1-2" up and 2" back. Over-optimistic?

Cheers,

Jason

Hi Jason,

That sounds to be about right.I don't have the bars here where I can measure them.

I got what is called the Super Bike bars.I didn't like the fact that the ones the dealer had access to were chrome,so I found a company from Germany called SLS that has the same bar in aluminum or gold alloy.

The distributor is a company in Dayton Ohio that the dealer ordered from.

The also have universal mounting clamps that could be had,but I wanted the vibe damper rubber mounts from the California clamps.

They have been on back order for some time from MGA .I'm glad it's not a part I need to get back on the road.I purposely tried to get them for a winter project,I hope they come before riding weather returns.

J.R.

Hi J.R.

Thanks for the note. Good call on the chome bars- I don't think I want that either.

I took my upper triple clamp off this morning (cold cold cold cold cold...) and it's in my office now. I'll take it down to our machinist to drill the holes and such. I hadn't realized that the ignition switch is PERMANTLY INSTALLED! Well, held on with lead or aluminum anyway. Looks like it will be kind of a pain to put the key in once the clamp is installed.

I was thinking I might make a run to a bike junkyard and buy 2 or 3 used bar sets to get the dimensions correct, then order some that look cool. However, that's probably way beyond my ability as far as time goes...

Oh, also, did you have to shave any of the ridge at the front of the triple clamp in order to fit the bar-clamps?

Cheers,

Jason

Guest Phil/TX

Hey Al, I have about 7800 miles on the Le Mans, the Vibes arn't all that bad, but while looking at the bar mod, I thought, there may be more vibes if they don't put something on the bars. I have been on a V11 with the bar mod, but without rubber dampers, and the vibration is two times worse than my Le Mans.

:helmet: Phil