128.6 mph race with Ducati

Enzo

I think you err Enzo, in your group generalization. There are some fine policemen/women and I daresay some on this site

But then you do that a lot with  individuals that you don't like...blame them all.

As for getting off with a speeding ticket, and then telling all the world and its sister....prove it.

43897[/snapback]

I got off once! The policeman said I had an honest face and he must be wrong. If you think that sounds funny, it is the truth. Just ask Gord at Valley sometime!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a cop is the enemy, and they WILL indeed lie. Usually in court.

It's a matter of perspective, and recall. By the time you've refreshed your memory from your original notes made at the time or as soon as practicable thereafter. You then have the honest held belief that its correct. So it's not perjury.

Seriously, it's not worth trying to fit some one up. Especially for a traffic offence.

I don't think it's just me that holds honesty and integrity Sacra Scent. I can still remember the first case I lost at crown court, a minor assault on me. I told it how it was and he was aquitted. I was devastated, I felt that my integrity was being questioned.

Defence lawyers have their job to do. Its not one I would want to do. Represent their clients best intrests: put the best spin on the facts or find a procedurel error leading to case being droped etc. Not to lie though. This is helped through the rules of disclosure, though the defence also has to disclose the out line of their case as well these days over herE.

It can be difficult, its impossible to be verbatum. Especialy having been rolling on the floor fighting with some violent drunk. To remember how many times he's used the F and C words.

I remember one day in court over a Shoplifter that had been pointed out to me. I challenged him about the lump under his jacket and he responded "Nothing, It's mine." No comment interviews after arrest. After statements had been served etc. the defence tactic was to try and convince the bench what had been said was "It's nothing to do with me" and say he was innocently holding it for an unnamed third party. Attempting to cast doubts on my ablity to remember what he had said to me. He was convicted, I spent a day in court over a poxy T shirt. Justice is not cost effective or can realy be meassured fiscally.

Over here the money from fines etc go to the lord chancellors dept. Only recently speed camera revenue has been aloud to be kept to plow back into more speed cameras. I can't dip into it for overtime.

The idea that cops go around helping people is pretty funny
They are there to ... assure old women that they are safe.

Yeah, when I first joined I thought it was like the Boy Scouts but for grown ups.

"A Constable is a citizen, locally appointed, but having authority under the Crown for the protection of life and property, maintenance of order, prevention and detection of crime and prosecution of offenders against the Peace."

Giving Enzo a ticket for speeding would come under the last role. But we can dress it up as casualty reduction which bumps it to numer 1.

nb this is my experiance of the law over the last 20 years as applies to my little bit of England and Wales

Gosh what a long post and I haven't touched on Pursuits or Use of Force

And for those who made it to the end

Q- Whats yellow and hangs in bunches

A- Traffic Officers

Guest dopiata

About 2 years ago, while riding home late (3am) from Philadelphia with a group of guys on Gizer 600's ... I took my Guzzi to 140mph on a highway ... and held it for about 5-10 minutes. It normally takes about 45+ minutes to get to Philadelphia from my house. I was home in about 20 minutes. I could barely keep up with the other guys, since they do about 140-150+ ... It took a while to get to 140 too, from 120 to 140 takes a bit ... Unlike my 954RR, which I can downshift to 3rd and pull it up easily into the 100mph range, the Guzzi takes a bit. It is heavy too, so trying to pull in and out around cars even at 100mph is not that easy.

I do not go this fast now. If you see me on the road, I am usually in the right hand lane ... just cruising. In the last 2 years I have not had a ticket, and do not want another. The 954RR just pushed me to the edge, and those days are behind me. Anything over 80pmh is just too crazy, on a bike. But you have to do it once, just to get the feel of it.

By the way, the bike does dance a bit at that speed (140mph), especially when you change lanes and go over a "rib" in the highway. I have tried to dial in the rear to make it harder, to help and it does a bit. The geometry on the V11 is not 100%, and I wish it was better. I kinda wish they had a blend of a 1100 and a V11 ... something with a longer wheel base to help out ... and smooth the ride a bit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Enzo,

You mentioned that your friend made use of a lawyer to get off clear of a speeding ticket. You failed to mention how much the lawyer cost. If he's a good buddy then I understand. If he's an aquaintence, then you've had to pay him, or owe him a favour. In my life, I hope never to owe a lawyer who is not a good friend, a favour. I'd rather pay the ticket.

Ciao, Steve G.

Over here the money from fines etc go to the lord chancellors dept. Only recently speed camera revenue has been aloud to be kept to plow back into more speed cameras. I can't dip into it for overtime.

Here in British Columbia the traffic fine revenues now go to the municipalities so there is a lot of local pressure to nail every granny going 3 km over the speed limit. They now set up radar traps on remote highways with very little traffic where they know people speed because they are not endangering anyone but themselves. This way they can expect to hand out the highest of fines. I know this from a friend who is a member of the Revenue Collecting Motorized Patrol.

Be very careful travelling through the interior. The Fraser Canyon is now more patrolled as is the stretch from Cache Creek to Quesnel. I don't have any more specifics right now.

P.S. I'm not sure but I think Martin Barrett is a copper! Keep it quiet. I don't want him to find out we know.

Guest Brian Robson

Which in your case is a blessing, because the caveat with your "big Seattle money" is the BIG SEATTLE MOUTH :moon:

PS where is the proof that you beat the speeding ticket or is that a fantasy that belongs on your previous web page or with your previous nom de plume, Nemo/Enzo?

Brian,

You're team made a great victory last week & Little Big Mouth has gone North leaving harmony where once there was discord, yet still you are not at peace. Comtemplate the great forests around you, how still they are....

:( KB :sun:

You're right, DeBen, a cop is the enemy, and they WILL indeed lie.  Usually in court.  But, a good lawyer can get you out of almost anything.  And, I've done some research and have already had luck getting myself out of a speeding ticket in court.  There are many ways to beat the system, and by all means use every one.  There are so many ways to beat the system, in fact, that I have been emboldened.  Sweet Baby Ray here in Seattle got a ticket on his Lemans for doing 122 in a 60.  Our lawyer we have out here got him off with no charge, nada.  Ray didn't even have to appear in court.  Don't fear the Reaper.

43860[/snapback]

I would agree, that when I am braking the law a cop should be viewed as a potential enemy.

Every morning 90% of the traffic is going over the speed limit and about once a month, the cops sit their with their speed guns. I feel like every day is a game of Russian Roulette. The best I can do is be in the 20% of slowest drivers, and so far the strategy has paid off.

As for the statement, "they Will indeed lie." You are again generallizing.

I suspect Martin and Brian and the other fine LEOs on this forum, don't lie and frame people.

If anything Sweet Baby Ray's lawyer is probably a liar, possibly a briber, and Sweet Baby Ray is probably just ast dishonest for not copping to the charges, assuming he did 122 in a 60.

Bribery is a serious offense. I suppose that is why you won't tell us how Ray got off.

Brian is a cop? Ok, now I get it.

No Sweet Baby Ray and his lawyer didn't bribe anyone. Please remember everyone that the cop is an 'officer of the court.' That means whatever he says is considered the gospel truth. He knows the judge, the prosecuter etc. by name. These people are friends and they see each other often. YOU are considered GUILTY by virtue of being there. ALL THE CARDS ARE STACKED AGAINST YOU. But you DO NOT win by lying. You win by finding the flaw in the prosecution's case and evidence against you. If you look hard and long enough, you will find it. That is all there is to it.