Aluminum Master Cylinder Reservoirs

Just ordered a silver set of these:

lg483866429.jpg

...to replace the plastic clutch and front brake reservoirs on the bike. They were only USD$69.00 each, which isn't too bad. They aren't just covers, they actually replace the OEM reservoirs completely.

I ordered mine from http://www.motowheels.com/ (under their misc parts) here in the States, but you could contact Rizoma to find your local dealer. That's what I did.

I'll let you know how they turn out, but Rizoma makes some pretty nice stuff, so they out to be nice. We'll see :)

al

.......whoo hoo, and lookee that.... I am now officially a "fanatic" :P

50 posts...

And I finally even "beat" the 30-second timeout this time Jaap! I had to actually sit and wait before posting again.... funny.

al

Guest JohnInNH

Al,

I had Al resovours on my Honda and Harley... Both got a case of the creeping cruds .... white corosion, and the coating became compromised. I hope they stay nice, but baised on my experience plastic may be better for this application.

Keep us posted.... Let us know how they hold up.

They DO look real nice. Looks like a quality piece of kit. B)

....true, and I'll have to keep an eye out for that. They also have black anodized versions, which would have been very similar the black aluminum reservoirs on my Yamaha.

It is true that over time the fluid dissolved the finish, but it took years. My friend has a 1998 Honda VFR with brushed aluminum reservoirs with no issues.

I think the trick to take great care when changing the fluid not to get it everywhere, and only open them when necessary.

We'll see though :)

al

...goodness, I just got a UPS update via email that I'll have the reservoirs tomorrow! Wow, now that's fast service.

I ordered them this afternoon, be here tomorrow... I'm impressed.

Now we'll see how I am going to have to modify their perches since we have that darned fairing thing to work around :rolleyes:

al

Guest Jaap

Hi Al!

Congrats to your "Fanatic" status. It seems to me you're more on line than on road... :D

But keep the posts coming. It's always great reading!

BTW. I was worried for a moment that you ordered those ugly mirrors... The reservoirs look great however.

*laugh* on both accounts!

Naw, I sit in front of a computer all day at work here in Silicon Valley. So it's no big deal for me to check every hour or two for new posts and respond. Then when I get home in the evening I generally check email and such again... hence a few more posts. But in effect, I suppose I do write more posts than riding! But that's just a symptom of work :)

But yeah, those mirrors... I remember that some of the FZ-1(Fazer1000) guys were talking about putting that whole kit on the bike, clip-ons, mirrors, etc... I didn't say anything because it's a matter of personal taste, but I thought that all that stuff would be a bit "much" for the styling on the Yamaha, and others as well. The mirrors just look too "cruiser custom" for me. But that's just my opinion, and what's that worth anyway?

:lol:

al

Well I received the reservoirs today, and man-o-man are they nice. They are all aluminum with a classy little plastic sight-window, and somewhere in-between the size of the clutch and front-brake reservoir. They come with a chromed-steel mounting bar, that is flat so you can bend it to whatever shape for motorcycle-X application.

I've got mine all bent and ready to go and I'll post photos later in my Yahoo briefcase.

But because I just hate to work with bleeding brakes/clutches, I'm going to wait until next Thursday to let the dealer actually install them when the bike goes in for it's first scheduled service.

I'll update more later, but these seem to be really quality pieces. ...and I'm glad I got the silver ones. They match the LeMans perfectly... much better looking than the plastic reservoirs :)

al