EXACT exhaust options...

v50man

There's Neptune Exhaust out of NZ. A US vendor in NJ (Adventurers Workshop Inc, 973-258-0034) handles them here and did a great job with the shipping etc. Mine were $935 delivered, with removable inserts, in the brushed SS. They are also avaialble polished SS (ala Staintune), and "Black Crome".

I love 'em for fit, finish and look :wub: . Tried the MG Ti's last year but none to be had.. :huh2:

http://www.neptunemufflers.co.nz/

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh..... "stepping up to the plate" definitively on just about any issue, esp with Guzzi, is something many here are often willing, but practically speaking unable to do.

It looks like you've got quite a stable of Guzzis already, so surely you must already realize how the aftermarket and Guzzi relate... which is that, one's options are usually pretty limited. And even with the options one finds, getting detailed info is often difficult, if not impossible.

It's just an issue of scarcity, and low volume more than anything else.

That being said, the number and quality of aftermarket items from just 3 years ago when the V11 forum was started, is vastly improved. Heck, "back then" it was nigh impossible to find more than a couple options for exhausts, and forget about detailed info regarding other accessories commonly found on higher-volume makes such as fender kits, lighting, seats, etc...

But as time continues to pass, these options will expand, and info will accumulate... as it already has. I'm sure you can see this trend on the older Guzzi models you have.

Anyway, I don't know that anyone can "step up to the plate" much more than already done, but suffice to say that you can't really go wrong with the Leo Vinces(no longer available, but perhaps NOS somewhere if you look around), Mistrals, or the FBF cans. I've heard good things about all of them, and I think they are all pretty much made similarly, so I can't imagine they sound too differently :huh2:

If I had to buy exhausts today, and didn't have the choice of the Leos or MG Ti kits, I would go for the Mistrals most likely. Although the silver Neptunes above look mighty nice too.

al

It figures That so far my top 3 fav's are all discontinued MG ti's, FBF Ti's and the Leo Vinci Ti's alls I got left is the Mistrals I know there are others but I want something with a rep and following among guzzist. Not just the cheapest or the most expensive. I have some Good news out of all of this, I can go down the street (about 10 miles) to Manely cycle and have my bike mapped and dyno'd So there is some good news for me appearing to be All alone in MN.

What about Raceco? Has anyone experience of their kit?

45662[/snapback]

see pics on page 1

Does Raceco produce their own exhaust or just distribute a different brand? The Raceco exhausts look very similar to Leo's (ie..I like them). And on their website, the v11 big bore x-over looks like a Stucchi.

The Galassetti's have a sweet design, but I don't care for the carbon look...wonder if that style comes in Ti or SS and works with a Stucchi?

Let's lay out ALL of the options and get on with it.  Enough hearsay -- I want facts!!!

45649[/snapback]

Does anyone who is going to Castaic Lake Rally have a decibel meter and decent sound recording equipment?

I know my digital camera's microphone is CRAP.

If you are worried about power, I don't think you will find a huge difference between the choice of slip on cans.

The crossovers seem to make the biggest difference to the powerband, based on the "facts".

Here are some facts, From my observations at the Arizona Rally two years ago:

The Quat-D is louder than stock. But tinnier sounding.

The MG Ti is louder than the Quat-D. And less tinny.

The Mistral Carbons are louder than the MG-Ti. And less tinny.

I felt that the FBF carbons on the MotoEuro bike were louder than the Mistrals, but I was not sure.

The MotoEuro's engine had higher compression, FBF valves and porting, and open airbox lid, which may have made the difference that I had heard.

Now that I think about it, the comparison of the Ti and the Mistral could have been invalidated by other mods.

Oh sh^t! sorry, we still need facts.

Does anyone agree with my observations?

If enough do, we could call it factual.

Fact 1.The Stucchi crossover makes any system louder and better performing than the stock crossover. I think we can safely assume the same for the FBF crossover.

Fact 2. Removing the airbox lid makes it much louder from the rider's perspective and perform better on the dyno.

Just fitted a pair of Neptunes to my bike and they are so good heaps of good noise,half an hour to fit , no lean burning,heaps of mid range poke, done 2k since fitting no worries .

Next job is to open air box up and fit PC111

These guy's make a realy good job of making these mufflers :D:D:D

Per the TERMIGNONI pipe, this is the email I received back from none other than Ana Termignoni late last year:

Dear sir

We don't produce this kind of silencer.

Best regards

Anna Termignoni

Termignoni s.r.l.

Via Case Sparse n.80/4

15077 Predosa -AL-

www.termignoni.it

Per RACECO, I do not believe this company actually makes (or made) anything. Also, there was (maybe still is) a guy on ebay liquidating parts from what he says WAS Raceco in the UK.

The website was still up a bit ago, but I think Al R is right -- those pipes were simply rebranded Leos.

I think I'm going to go with the Mistral Ti rounds from TLM I just need to hear back from MPH and I sent an email to someone else too in the states(I forget right now hmm) and check with thier prices but If I remember from the end of last season I think I'll be able to get the Ti rounds and 2 carbon mirrors all shipped for $770, Not to get off topic but could someone give me a quick response about these carbon mirrors? are they any good? eliminate more vibes? show more than your shoulders?

I'd love to hear sound files of a couple good exhaust I've only heard the Quatd's and I wasn't too impressed maybe something is lost in the file recording. From what I read on the Racecos so far they are not louder than stock maybe just a little bit but not like an actual race setup.

I think I'm going to go with the Mistral Ti rounds from TLM I just need to hear back from MPH and I sent an email to someone else too in the states(I forget right now hmm) and check with thier prices but If I remember from the end of last season I think I'll be able to get the Ti rounds and 2 carbon mirrors all shipped for $770, Not to get off topic but could someone give me a quick response about these carbon mirrors? are they any good? eliminate more vibes? show more than your shoulders?

I'd love to hear sound files of a couple good exhaust I've only heard the Quatd's and I wasn't too impressed maybe something is lost in the file recording. From what I read on the Racecos so far they are not louder than stock maybe just a little bit but not like an actual race setup.

45702[/snapback]

Checked the exchange rate lately?

Hey DeBenGuzzi, what happened with the guy in NC that had the MG Ti set for $700? Were they already sold? Just wondering.

45707[/snapback]

Yes, he sold them....I talk to him about a week ago. :(

I'd love to hear sound files of a couple good exhaust I've only heard the Quatd's and I wasn't too impressed maybe something is lost in the file recording.

45702[/snapback]

That is a fact. The recording magifies the metallic sound.

And yah, the Mistrals sound much better than the Quat-D road legal muffler. Another fact.

But the Quat-D does something for the rider experience that can only be experienced.

My bike is a comparative bore since I switched to Mistrals.