First Erin Rally - Ireland

Guest PAULSMART

however I have a tent for you Dave 

I'm not sure this is a good offer to take up - J O'Sullivan at the UK V11 won the prize for smallest tent

Smallest_tent.jpg

But was well equiped , had ensuite bathroom, can see his rubber duck to the bottom right of the picture :D

It looks like I will be making it across. Not planned any of the detail yet. But likely

to camp.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How far away from Dublin do you reckon this is, i.e. for people arriving off the ferry or meeting there, how long would it take to get to the meet site?

46041[/snapback]

Dublin to Cork City is 120 Miles (200 Km)

Inchigeelagh is 30 Miles (50 Km) west from Cork City...... follow signs for Killarney and before Macroom town.....at sign which says "Welcome to Macroom" turn left, Inchigeelagh is 10 Miles (17 Km).

For your average trip allow 4 hours in total from Dublin.

:bier:

• 1 month later...

Sounds like fun, but I won't be able to make a firm decision until mid may, when i know what june holds for me workwise( ah the joys of working for an airline). Me, the Tenni and hopefully the missus will be leaving from Dublin, so would be able to join up with any others from there.

I don't suppose anyone can ensure the weather in the kingdom will behave itself?

I'm going back to Inchigeelagh in the next few weeks to map out some interesting runs for the Saturday and Sunday of the rally.

I recently spent a very happy Saturday riding the back roads of West Cork.

Visited Roscarbery,Bantry, Skibbereen, Baltimore, Glengarriff and Kenmare in total a round trip of 180 miles (300km.)

Had Lunch of Crab Salad :food: in Bantry just below the Library with the mill wheel in the center of the town.

I hope we get the weather for the rally weekend as the area is spectacular with mountain and sea views.

hope to see you all,

John

• 1 month later...
Guest eamonn47

I was wondering if any of the people travelling from the Uk via the Rosslare port will be travelling on the Friday as I live in Waterford and would be delighted to join them in the run down to Inchigeelagh.I spoke with Bob Smith ( president or something like that of the UK Guzzi owners club ) and he told me that approx 140 bikes are coming over for the rally,some of them coming for a week I sure hope the weather improves cause West Cork and Kerry although very scenic and a beautiful place is not the place to be when the weather is bad ..but then again where is ,should be a great weekend looking forward to meeting lots of people.

ya know, we riders in norcal need to get out more! Ya'all make us look bad :D Martin, quite a camping set-up there. Looks like Al on Monday morning I hear.

Good news. In that case I might travel down the coast by Rosslare. Is anyone going into Dublin/Dun laoghaire? What time? You going from Drogheda on Friday, BJ?

Be working on Friday, gonna try to get away soon as I can, leave from Drogheda around 6 ish,should be there before closing time.Booked into a b&b about a mile from Inchigeela.

...Good news. In that case I might travel down the coast by Rosslare. ...

Hey Mr Belfast that'd be great. Ferry's due in 12.20pm - Stena Express - Cat I think. See you then?

KB :sun: